Too Much Engine Braking On Throttle Liftoff?

satz

• Member For: 14y 9m 5d

It's a brilliant feature isn't it?

Love it how it holds the gear when you're fanging it through the twisties.

Unlike other 'performance' autos where as soon as you lift off, it will upchange then leave you in the wrong gear for the exit.

Not with the ZF, you're already in the correct gear!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 14y 9d

really dont know how you think its a bad thing.. its the one thing I have always hated about auto's ! my old ef wagon freewheels almost when lifted off the power..very disconcerting ! its a brilliant thing and part of why the ZF is so good ! :bangcomputer:

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 27d

but it also means the car bucks a bit when coasting to a stop for lights, etc....

There's two faults with the ZF and that's one of them, same would happen in the XR6T once it adjusts the shift patterns to match your driving style.

Have a look at this thread

• Member For: 14y 9m 5d

but it also means the car bucks a bit when coasting to a stop for lights, etc....

mine certainly doesn`t buck when coasting to a stop, I can feel a smooth transition down the gears, but its certainly not a buck, its very smooth.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 27d

Its much like heel/toe'ing on downshifts in a real mans gearbox (Manual). And who doesn't do that everytime they brake? I know I do, maintains control of the vehicle, and you are always in an effective gear should a situation arise. Also helps with economy, my F6 runs 0.0L/100km if it is engine braking above 1500rpm. Anyone with an auto know if the ZF does the same thing?

I used to see 0.2L/100 downhill in the BFII in 5th gear (6th wasn't as good), until I got a tune and injector change (plus other mods). Now it reads 2.xL/100, keep forgetting to ask about it at the tuner though!

• Member For: 18y 1m

You can really hear to engine braking and down shifting when you remove the center muffler.

I like the auto's down shifting as it ensures your in the right gear when you come out of a corner and accelerate

• G666E Turbo!!!
  • Member For: 14y 8m 5d

my F6 runs 0.0L/100km if it is engine braking above 1500rpm. Anyone with an auto know if the ZF does the same thing?

my G6Et used to do the 0.0 thing when coasting, but with the tune file it it does not do it any more, flash to std and it does do the 0.0, I dunno what the tuners have done but they reckon nothing!

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 27d

I'm guessing it's the low RPM fuelling that's done it. But keep in mind I know next to nothing!

Don't you love pointless posts? :)

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 27d

lol...I'd say it's because the instant economy works of the injector pulse, and with a modified tune it's all confused.

...but then I'm pretty much on-par with Steve :roflmbo: