Anyone Tried The Torque App For Andriod?

rule1110

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 2d

Yes but depends on driving conditions and if you're still using the factory thermostat. Most tuners drop in a colder thermostat and adjust thermo fans thresholds to suit.

Stock, my needle ran a tad under half even on cold days. After tuning and using the colder thermostat, temp gauge reads a little over 1/4 in normal driving/colder days. With temp gauge at half way, my temp reads about 104c. In 34c day temps the other day on the M1 in stop/start traffic and air con on, my temp went to 110c which was just a tad over half way.

• Member For: 13y 25d

My elm327 arrived today, sure, I paid I tad more for it than the ones from china, but it works mint. Had it talking to my HTC within 5mins of taking it out of the box and has already saved me a visit to a mech with a scan tool.

It worked perfectly for an hr and the cover fits on the fuse panel with it in place. Perfect.

I was shocked to see how little boost these cars run stock and how lame the curve is. Best $40 Ive spent in ages

• Member For: 15y 2m 29d

Yeh I have been playing with this ap for a week or so now and I am loving it totally.

I now have a massive selection of things to disply on my phone and the way you have 7 fully customizable screens to flick between means you can set it up to cover a massive range of info.

The G6ET is sorely lacking a boost gage but now I have one that I can set up any way I like, I have the phone right in front of me with a boost gage and tacho next to each other so I can see this info without looking down at all.

The 0 -100, quater mile times etc are fun too lol

The whole thing is an eye opener. I laugh thinking back a few months ago I was all excited about data logging my car with the X3 box and my lappy and loads of wires in the car. ha ha what a joke.

any way I cant reccomed this set up enough, dont bother buying gages for your car just get your self a smart phone, the ELM and your sorted.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 10d
My elm327 arrived today, sure, I paid I tad more for it than the ones from china, but it works mint. Had it talking to my HTC within 5mins of taking it out of the box and has already saved me a visit to a mech with a scan tool.

It worked perfectly for an hr and the cover fits on the fuse panel with it in place. Perfect.

I was shocked to see how little boost these cars run stock and how lame the curve is. Best $40 Ive spent in ages

Is that the one mini one you linked to earlier?

In the obd status section, is the error count at 0? What's it say under manufacturer and the notes?

• Member For: 13y 25d

Yep, the one I linked from the US. The same one is available from china but it was cheaper from the US.

Not sure what you mean about the OBD section, but when connected it says there is no errors and is reading the ecu.

Where are the manufacturers notes? remember ,

Im running the free version

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 10d

My water temp is about 8-9 degrees out compared to what my aftermarket gauge tells me.

Its sender is in the top of the thermostat housing, where as the engine has 2 water temp sensors doesn't it? Maybe that why I'm seeing a difference, or my gauge is sh*t! (more likely this)