Anyone Tried The Torque App For Andriod?

rule1110

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 16d

Have you tried the options like faster communication under the OBD2 Adapter Settings (or untick it if selected to slow it also)? I find mine reaches 70celcius pretty quick with both coolant and trans temp but then takes ages to reach the 80celcius on my f6x and I live in Townsville! I do have a colder thermostat though.

My ambient temp is miles out also and I am not advanced enough with it to change or understand PID's etc.

It would be good if someone here had knowledge with the program or PID understanding?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 10d

My thermostat is stock temp (195 farenheit or 90 celsius), high flow.

Sender for my aftermarket gauge is tapped into the top of the thermostat housing (have a Nizpro housing).

Last night I started the car up & let it idle for about 3 mins, coolant temp got up to about 40 on my gauge, but Torque went up to 54 for coolant and 51 for Trans.

Both the coolant and trans were at 14 before starting the car.

My gauge reads about 85 when up to temp, will have to take it for a spin and see what the PID output reading is at the same time.

• 1 year later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 21d

Dont you just hate bringing up old threads?

Anyway, has anyone played around more with these?

I've had one fitted for about 3 months now and its been awesome, there are a couple more PID's that I would like to find, namely oil pressure and temp. Has anyone got these working for a BA? I scoured the net and managed to find trans temp and cylinder head temp but that's it.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7d

Me thinks I need this, buy a cheap tablet and mount it near the ICC could be an option to make it easier to read.

like this ?

">http://http://s303.photobucket.com/user/tresurehunt/media/AACB13A1-43A5-4DD4-A607-BA5AB704730E_zpsatwr7mwx.jpg.html'>AACB13A1-43A5-4DD4-A607-BA5AB704730E_zps

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 11m 12d

Torque is good love the huge boost gauge lol. maybe try dash command its awesome! I've tried the bluetooth odb2 then bought the wifi odb2 much quicker communication speeds.ebay $35. Dash command gives u features like power hp/kw as u drive at the fly,torque, timing, 0-100 times, 1/4 mile time, 60 foot, revs, boost,u can record the readings as u drive.even has a race option so if u race your car on the track it downloads a google map of the track and shows where u accelerate, brake, cruise and more. its worth the $10 (bargain for what we spend on our cars) and it runs on android and iphone. I'm using it on my fg xr6turbo. You can try it free for a while and you can buy extra pids for troubleshooting error codes also.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 21d

The app has a plugin called torque scan, displays everything your ecu has access to on one screen, giving it a go this weekend, hopefully I can access more things.

Will report back after the weekend

Edited by Spyathe