What Can I Do To My Fg Xr6T Without Voiding The Warranty

Fluxes

• Member For: 14y 26d

What mods if any can I make to my FG XR6T without voiding the factory warranty? I'd like to replace the CAT's but hear that I'd need to re-map the computer after that. I'd also like to replace the air intake and filter. I'm happy to wait a few years to do anything else.

• Member For: 14y 1m 22d

Replacing the cat will require a retune, which ford can detect on their scanners and void your warranty if anything blows up.

K&N Panel filter and typhoon secondary intake is pretty much it.

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

replacing the filter to a k&n shouldnt be a problem. adding an f6 second snorkel would be ok too. anything else will void the warranty

• Member For: 14y 26d

Thanks for the replies.

I put a K&N filter in pretty much the week I brought the car home, I was wanting to go for a 3rd party intake like the Growler from SS Inductions. The intake I have strikes me as a bit silly. I'll definitely look into the F6 system, other than that I will continue to be happy with the car as it is for a few more at lest. :buttrock:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 30d

If I had an FG I would struggle to keep it stock... the power those things can make with just a tune is awsome, dunno how u can resist mate..

• Member For: 15y 8m 3d

the secondary intake on the BF F6 doesnt exist anymore due to the FG not having the cutout behind the headlight so there is no longer a high pressure point there for good results in air flow,each to their own but I see it as a waste of time on the FG,get a FG GT airbox (twice the size) and a K&N which will NOT void your warranty,good luck

Edited by Ricks_Xr6t

• Member For: 18y 30d

What about taking car back for ford recall work like the rear diff bushses on the FG. Will they try and get out of replacing their forkup if you have tune etc?

• 3 weeks later...