Fg Stereo Hiss

FGX 40T

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 14d

ASL just replied - no mod for FG. Looks like aftermarket headunit. I think I will get the Alpine iDA-X305S with Bluetooth and steering wheel addittions, no CD player, but who uses them these days.

Edited by FG09T

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 21y 8m 18d

I have the exact same problem in my FG XR6t ute!!!!

ive spend nearly $3000 on a sound system,

consisting of :

Rockford fosgate Power series amps

Rockford fosgate P2 sub

Rockford fosgate 3sixty

MB quart reference series splits

Good quality wiring, and installed by a well know shop here in melbourne...

and have that sh*tting hissing noise!!

ive been putting up with it but would love and pay anything to fix it and retain

the factory look..

my installer said to me its very common with these models, the factory ICC unit just

isnt up to scratch.

please if any one has suggestions bring them forward.

Cheers

• Member For: 15y 8m 24d

If we lived in the US, we'd just start a class action lawsuit based on the premise that the ICC is not Fit For Purpose.

They may argue back that the standard crap speakers etc suit the standard crap ICC just fine, but I'm sure the same lawyers that sued McDonalds and won when a lady burned herself with a hot coffee could win the case for us!!

Sometimes I yearn for the days when I loved Jap crap imports with their standard DIN headunits that were SOO easy to upgrade.

But then I drive my car, and those 206kW limited cars no longer seem so awesome :-)

Simon

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 16d

Most of you are lucky its only a hiss, I have alternator whine and it is massive, I redid every earth in the car and double earthed the battery with also another 0 Guage strap from the alternator to chassis with no reduction in noise. I then installed a complete setup with aftermarket headunit and cut all speaker wires to the factory ICC and have a guess what, the noise is still massive coming from the actual ICC itself! No noise from my stereo at all but if I could record the ICC whine omfg!!!

I even bought a brand new alternator and not even the slightest improvement...

My last effort will be to put some filters inline that go to the factory ICC and see if that fixes anything seeing as though you cant remove the Fcker...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 14d

Well I have finally resolved the hiss coming from the factory stereo. I got this aftermarket head unit installed and what a difference. No comparison. The sound quality and clarity is so much better and absolutely no hiss. I think the installer did a great job with the custom facia. Let me know what you think.

post-39939-128576015582_thumb.jpg

post-39939-128576024217_thumb.jpg

Guest XR09
  • Guests

If we lived in the US, we'd just start a class action lawsuit based on the premise that the ICC is not Fit For Purpose.

They may argue back that the standard crap speakers etc suit the standard crap ICC just fine, but I'm sure the same lawyers that sued McDonalds and won when a lady burned herself with a hot coffee could win the case for us!!

Sometimes I yearn for the days when I loved Jap crap imports with their standard DIN headunits that were SOO easy to upgrade.

But then I drive my car, and those 206kW limited cars no longer seem so awesome :-)

Simon

turboboink.gif I am loving th sound of this. Farken Ford and their that will do you attitude. Not only do the scabby things put out piss poor sound. The Farken screen is illegible in anything ova 25C. I mean WTF

And Mr Fords reply. Oh that's industry standard. Go Get f...........................................................rked

Edited by XR09

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 16y 1m 28d

I use factory ICC with Alpine Digital processor.. Seems to work fine. Although I know they guys who did the install mucked around with it heaps to get it clean.