2.5 Kg Lithium Starter Battery.

turbotrana

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 26d

This battery interests me too as I am always keen to make the car lighter for circuit work.

Can the battery be mounted in a number of places?

I.e. if I went with a Pod filter intake (where the stock battery is located), do I need to buy a full battery relocation kit as well, considering this battery is a lot smaller it may squeeze in somewhere else?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 21y 5m 21d

I just uploaded a youtube video showing the lithium battery outcranking a standard lead acid battery. The Lithium has plenty in reserve and the lead acid wont get anywhere near it. The video was cut short due to the Sony Cybershot camera turning itself off after 9 mins but I kept on cranking the lithium away for several more 10 second shots after the lead acid was dead and it was still going strong.

For the people who have shown interest in the bat, I am still in the process of getting the finer details sorted but its getting there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8unrqc4SQ4

Check the video out, Lithium vs Lead acid battery. A bit boring but proves a point.

In the video I cranked the lithium 12 times for 10 seconds each time with approximately 15 seconds break in between cranks. After the video stopped (unbeknown to me) I cranked it a further 6 times with breaks and it was still cranking as hard as it did first pop.

The lead acid died at crank 11. It was fully charged and in good cond.

Sorry I dont have an Odyssey, I am sure they are a great battery, but if this lithium can outdo an lead acid batttery 1.5 times then that's enough cranking power for me. But I am sure anyone with an Odyssey can replicate my test and see how many 10 second shots it can do.

Nelsonion 101. You can mount the battery anywhere but you may need to fabricate your own brackets.

I am looking to put some brackets on the battery so you can lay it down in the existing battery tray and then you would have to modify the existing leads to bolt onto the battery. The battery is only 45mm high so you should be able to run a pod filter over it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member For: 17y 8m 6d

I have had a odyssey 925 die 1 week before it's warranty and lucky got a replacement.

Now my car has been off road for just over 12 months due to hole in sump and building new engine bit at a time.

I am expecting the battery to be stuffed but won't know till I try it.

I have had it on maintenance charge for the last couple of months.

If I do need a new battery will I be able to get one of these batteries quickly from you or supplier.