Bsa Wheels

viking

• Member For: 18y 3m 2d

HELP!!!!! :thumbsup:

I have 18" BSA wheels fitted to my BFII XR6T, I am getting alot of vibration in the steering wheel and in back of the car between 80kph plus since they been fitted. does anyone else have this problem with the BSA Wheels? I have installed the proper hub rings and alot of places have looked at this problem but cant seem to figure out the issue. Is it that the BSA Wheels are bad quality? and may be hard to balance right.

I am seriously thinking of getting the Foose(MHT) Nitrous 18" fitted(are they any good). will the Foose Wheels give me any issues? because I dont want to go back to the boring stock rims.

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 14d

shouldnt be a wheel issue then. I had a really heavy wheel in a set and that could be balanced up fine... albeit with ALOT of lead..

tyre quality can be an issue. got cheapies? id be spending my money on better rubber before shelling out for new wheels.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 21d

Sounds familiar, I had BSA 19,s and had a small vibration. took the rims off and put them on a balancing machine, giving them a slow push it was really obvious why- the right front had a flat spot in the rim, prob from a pot hole.It was really easy to see the 'wobble' as the rim turned slowly. Get them checked out, looking at the inside and outside edges. In my opinion bsa are a cheap wheel and you get what you pay for. If you are going to replace them think seriously about 18's - I went that way and am really happy with em, 19's and bigger are for show cars or very eagle eyed drivers on ultra smooth roads. Good luck mate.

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 7d

Hub rings can cause balance issues too! How big are they?

I took mine off and have never had an issue since, but they were really small!!!

• Member For: 18y 3m 2d

Sounds familiar, I had BSA 19,s and had a small vibration. took the rims off and put them on a balancing machine, giving them a slow push it was really obvious why- the right front had a flat spot in the rim, prob from a pot hole.It was really easy to see the 'wobble' as the rim turned slowly. Get them checked out, looking at the inside and outside edges. In my opinion bsa are a cheap wheel and you get what you pay for. If you are going to replace them think seriously about 18's - I went that way and am really happy with em, 19's and bigger are for show cars or very eagle eyed drivers on ultra smooth roads. Good luck mate.

yes I am going to stay with 18" I have sold the cheap BSA and going to order my new wheels real soon. thank for your help.