icer

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 19d

ive done it a few times to my fg, I believe the fg's have a different manifold design the the b series, but it was easier to remove the manifold, as when putting it back together it is easier getting the turbo to manifold nuts done up tighter if its not sitting in the engine bay.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 26d

You only just got it tuned yet again, and your pulling the turbo off it, I thought u would of tried to hit the track again with this tune and good mt's, then modify the turbo and see the difference.

What exactly are u getting done to the std turbo.

• Banned
  • Member For: 15y 2m 3d

im off the road for a month (no licence) so might as well do some work to it while its off :) And dont really want to share whats happening just as of yet.

Is there a write up somewhere I have missed, on how to remove the manifold + turbo in one piece?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 19d

just un-do all the following in order,

-The oil and coolant feed lines, the ones on the top of turbo, coolant will come out as it is lower than the header tank (remember to top up when your finished obviously)

-get underneath and un-do the oil return line from when it joins to the block (2 bolts), un-do the coolant return line aswell.

-Un-do the 2 little hose clamps comming from the turbo on the boost control hoses.

-Un-do the bolts or nuts at the back of the turbo to the dump pipe.

-Un-do the bolts joining the manifold to the engine.

and that should be it, ya cant go wrong, the only thing that will leak is the coolant, which you just clean up and top up when your done.

oh and obviously you have to un-do the intake and intercooler pipe out of the turbo to start with too!

Edited by CAM860

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 26d

im off the road for a month (no licence) so might as well do some work to it while its off :) And dont really want to share whats happening just as of yet.

Is there a write up somewhere I have missed, on how to remove the manifold + turbo in one piece?

Ah I see, well good luck on operation stealth then..lol

cough ...to4z internals haha