Turbo Noise

Dimetime

• Member For: 14y 3m 18d

Hi guys! I haven't posted on this site yet, but a few of you would know me from the other sites? I just wanted to know if anyone would have an idea about a rattling noise coming from what sounds like the turbo or near the bov, this happens when I start to hit boost but doesn't get loudes with more rpm and stops once the clutch goes in and the next gear is selected, the turbine isn't touching the housing and the bolts from the turbo to manifold are tight! Please help!

Thanks to any responces!

Tim

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 13d

Has the car got a tune? Its not pinging I hope? Its hard to say as it jould be a number of things, I know that it can make a flapping sound if there is an exhaust leak, loud rattling sound im not sure about.

Maybe take it to a reputable tuner and see what they say. Where abouts are you?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 13d

Stock it shouldnt be pinging and if its really loud and constant I doubt it would be as your engine would probably be bye bye by now. Just make sure you run 98ron fuel.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 16d

hey guess had a listen with my brother, car is making the noise in neutral and its coming from under the car, could it possibly be a loose cat screw or a shot cat?

Could be that the drive plate is loose? my car sounded the same, as if there was bolts rattling around in the engine.