Fg F6 Squeaky Brakes

YOZ-F6

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 16d

Sounds like your friends GT's may not of had some 'real' braking?

A friend of mine in the race/rally scene told me many years ago (when I raised similar questions) that good brakes WILL squeak at times and WILL be dusty as all farrrk.. but they stop you quick right, that's an ok pay off! :3gears:

Mine were quiet until I did spirited braking.. knew as soon as I got the dust flowing the squeaks would follow, do I care? NO :omg:

Guest XR09
  • Guests

I am so lucky I have never had this problem with my car ....yet lol.

The rear brake and clutch plates on my Duke use to all the time if I was doing slow work or city riding.

The noise was from the pads and plates glazing up. Ducati's run a dry clutch.

5 minutes with some emery cloth and no more sqeek or sqeal.

On bikes you can get slotted pads. It is meant to remove the build up of brake dust on your rotors ????.

All I know is they work.

• Member For: 14y 1m 10d

YOZ-F6 who is your FPV dealer?

Its Lane Ford in Mandurah WA.

My dad used to be a mechanic for toyota and he rekons no way they are supposed to squeak! so when it goes in for the inspection in 1000kms time, I'll definitely want it to be fixed!

No brakes are 'supposed' to squeak... when the brake dust gets in there that's just what happens.

Dealer could replace your rotors, calipers and pads - and it probably would start squeaking again within km's.

Maybe change your pads to a less performing, less dusty pad if your that's what your worried about it.. there's a few performance brake places that will steer you in the right direction.

My old VE GTS squeaked a little, probably less than the F6 but it also did not stop anywhere as quick

Have you done your FPV drive day?

I did mine a few weeks back and already have my eyes on a brake pad and brake fluid upgrade (even with the brembo 6/4 combo)

• Member For: 14y 1m 10d

NO, haven't done it yet! its booked for november sometime, really looking forward to it! the squeak isn't one of those little ones you would usually hear with build-up, its so loud, that my neighbours have actually mentioned it in passing! if they can hear it, in their house, all the way from my garage, its bad! everyone who hears it cringes! if I can record it I will, its just insane! even after it rains, and the discs rust over a bit, its like nails on a blackboard! simply ridiculous! if you're at the motorplex on the 1st, I'll try and demonstrate, but as with all things, it probably won't do it when I need it to!!

Ah yer.. that sounds a little high pitched if your neighbours can hear it from inside - mine wouldn't be near that bad