Zeetex Tyres 245 40 18 Any Good?

jetmani

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 27d

The only cheap tyre I would recommend is the Maxxis MA-V1. You get them for $180 a corner fitted and balanced.

Do you go through 3 sets because of the kms you do or just the way you drive?

• Member For: 15y 1m 11d

I have 245/35/20 Zeetex on mine.

They are an "A" rated tyre for grip (AA being highest).

As to be expected, they dont grip as well as the standard dunlop sportmax.

They're reasonably quiet considering I'm on 20's.

Wear wise, I cant seem to kill them. I've done 2 track days at Wakefield and around 12K on them and they don't seem to have reached half life. (I do rotate tyres every 5k).

They're fine in the wet as long as you take it easy. No aquaplaning at highway speeds either.

I'm happy with them considering they came as part of a package deal. But I will be buying something AA rated next time as these turbos really need every bit of grip once the boost kicks in.

• Member For: 15y 23d

The only cheap tyre I would recommend is the Maxxis MA-V1. You get them for $180 a corner fitted and balanced.

Do you go through 3 sets because of the kms you do or just the way you drive?

Thanks for you reply, I am a sales rep, I do about 60k a year.

where abouts do you get them from?

I do a heap of KMS and like to "push" the rear tyres hard so I also go for cheap tyres (3 sets a year). currently I have sunew 245/45/18 (45 series fits) for $150 fitted from stgeorge tyres. They are fine except when the tread gets low they are death in the wet (I tend to use up remaining tread very quickly at that point)

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 19d

Where was this price? Last week I was quoted $280 per tyre in 245/40/R18 for FG XR6 Turbo.

My mate with 17" got them for $200

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 25d

Also look for Kumho KU31's. I got two 17" for 300 delivered to my door from online, there's similar prices at K-Mart Tyre and Auto too!

• Member For: 20y 1m 11d

the zeetex would be a decent tyre for a person who needs "tread depth" as opposed to a quality tyre... im a tread depth person myself haha

I always buy good tyres for the front, and cheapo's for the rear, got 4 sets of rears to 1 set of fronts on my old ute she loved it

• Member For: 15y 23d

where abouts do you get them from?

I do a heap of KMS and like to "push" the rear tyres hard so I also go for cheap tyres (3 sets a year). currently I have sunew 245/45/18 (45 series fits) for $150 fitted from stgeorge tyres. They are fine except when the tread gets low they are death in the wet (I tend to use up remaining tread very quickly at that point)

Sorry for the delay I,ve been away, I got the tyres from Grip tyres in Campbellfield Vic.