Falcon Fg Xr6 Turbo 50Th Anniversary Ute

O Trader

• Member For: 15y 10m 27d

Hi. I am about to pay the deposit on a 50th Anniversary FG XR6T ute and before a do I have a few queries regarding the issues with the FG.

1. Has the knocking diff issue been resolved or is it purely the way its driven or was it an early model issue. The ute will be a July 2010 make.

2. Choice of auto or manual.

3. Is the factory hard lid plastic or fibre glass and whats better flat or hump. Why is it so thick (I have a 2005 XR6 Magnet with a flat fibre glass lid in rapid and its thin compared to the photos)

4. Is there anything that can be done about the skinny looking rear wheels as the rear gaurds look to flared for the rims.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Any info would be greatly apprecited

Edited by O Trader

• Member For: 16y 4m 4d

1: I have a MARCH 2010 and cluncks knocks whines and all sorts of noises come from the drive line. Some are normal, some arnt. TEST DRIVE BOTH AUTO AND MANUAL!

2: Personal preferance? I have a manual cos that's what I want, but in all fairness and logical thinking. Autos are quicker, autos are smoother, autos quieter, and speaking for the ZF it generally drives better in all conditions. But I still think the manual is better for me. Like I said test drive both.

3: Stocker is fiberglass. HUMP or NO HUMP is personal preferance, the hump is worth 800 extra isnt it? Utes looks tuff with the hump and NO SPORS BAR. Hard lid + sports bar combo is gay, impraticle, and makes you look like a tool.

4: I like the lux pack 19" I have on mine, I wish they were wider but they look fine. A dumped ute looks far far better than a ute with huge wheels and only lowered an inch. Get the centers cut out and welded onto a new rim 12" rim and wicked offset. Dunno if its legal.

• Member For: 15y 10m 27d

Thanks for the replies.

I will be in peak hour sometimes and there is nothing worse than a manual behind a truck and you have a valid point regarding the smooth quite seamless auto.

The hard lids were priced a $2272.74 for the flat (3 small ribs) and $2636.37 for the hump. AS for options it comes with everything they had available plus more.

I guess its to flush out the last of the gear before the new shape and V6 engine is due.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 4m 7d

Ive got an Auto FG F6 and I love it, however my next ute will be a manual.

Its more fun and the manuals hold their value better than the Auto's.

Ive done over 30k kms in my ute and no diff noises whatsoever.

What you have to watch for is the tailshaft. Mine blew in 6000 kms. Warranty job.

Another annoying noise was a rattle from the hand brake cables, fixed under warranty though.

Hopefully they would have fixed that problem on the production

now though.

• Member For: 16y 4m 4d

When did it rattle, I got a very loud rattle at the moment. Dealer told me its the gear box and they rattle? I wanted to grab the dude and slap him around and tell him to wake the f*ck up. The gearbox rattles and its normal? Maby its my hand brake.

• Member For: 15y 4m 7d

once warmed up and say you're sitting at a set of lights in D, the most annoying noise from underneath the car. goes away if you pull up the handbrake.

Common on the FG Auto turbo utes and I had mine fixed at Ford.

Edited by schmick325

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 8m 9d

Hi. I am about to pay the deposit on a 50th Anniversary FG XR6T ute and before a do I have a few queries regarding the issues with the FG.

1. Has the knocking diff issue been resolved or is it purely the way its driven or was it an early model issue. The ute will be a July 2010 make.

2. Choice of auto or manual.

3. Is the factory hard lid plastic or fibre glass and whats better flat or hump. Why is it so thick (I have a 2005 XR6 Magnet with a flat fibre glass lid in rapid and its thin compared to the photos)

4. Is there anything that can be done about the skinny looking rear wheels as the rear gaurds look to flared for the rims.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Any info would be greatly apprecited

Got my 50th Anniversary ute on Friday..

IMG_4878.jpg

It feels good to be back in a turbo ute again!