Ba Xrt Intermittent Shudder

ddjjj

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 26d

well we went to ford and took the dude for a drive, and of course it didnt do it, I think the car was traded in and I think ford 'got rid of it' lol, as I dont think they ever found a fix from memory. as I said, they cant fix a problem they cant see.

keep us informed on how you go.

• 8 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 11m 13d

sorry its probably too late for this post but may help ppl with similar probs. if it only happens when cruising at particular speeds, it is probably the transmission. happened to my old Late model camira so I unplugged 4th gear till I could replace tranny.

• Member For: 16y 7m 20d

Brake booster holding the brakes on causes this. I have roadtested atleast 10 cars for this concern and thought they were all dreaming. One day one of them played up and it was I <3 Bananas badd. Had to pull over and another time I just slammed the brakes hard and it stopped. When it happens,see if the car slows down quicker than normal whilst coasting along,without touching brakes. This was the first thing I noticed then 2 mins later the shudder started.

• Member For: 16y 4m 23d

I have also got this exact same problem! I've had it happen a couple of times now, it seems to only happen when traveling at a speed greater than 90-100k's per hr and usually on the freeway. Interesting theory about the brakes, ill have to look into that! What I was thinking is that it could be a stuffed shock or strut tower. For those that haven't experienced this it seems to just start off as a small vibration through the steering wheel then gradually getting to a severe shudder(at first I thought I had a flat and then it felt like one of my front wheels was gunna fall off lol), but once the brakes are applied for a few seconds it seems to disappear. It is a very intermittent problem...

Edited by RBpower

• 10 months later...