Air Intake Mod

Fotiadis90

• Member For: 11y 6m 13d

It just allows more air to flow. But more air is only better if its cool air. Also there is a restrictor on the fg in the pipe above the air cleaner. Rip that out! No tune necessary mate.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 5m 12d

hey guys im also a noob! I have an 07 xr6T and was wondering if you had to tune these turbo'd jobs after any sorta mod, e.g. air intake or any other basic bolt on mod?

• Member For: 11y 6m 13d

Its a bit hit and miss mate. Some guys get away with no tune for certian mods and others dont. Basic mods like air intake is not necessary but things like injectors or wasregates or hot / cold side piping then yes ull need to tune. Most people generally wait and do a heap of mods at once to avoid lots of dyno costs so a basic start would be injectors fuel pump wastegate actuator intercooler and intercooler piping/plenum. Tuned at tge same time

• Member For: 16y 1m 6d

It just allows more air to flow. But more air is only better if its cool air. Also there is a restrictor on the fg in the pipe above the air cleaner. Rip that out! No tune necessary mate.

Why would Ford put that restrictor in only for someone to take it out? I would have though this restrictor would increase the speed at which the air enters the manifold resulting in better torque for cars without forced induction. Thoughts???

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 12y 6m 14d

I went with the SS kit including the Big Mouth c.a.I. and im really happy with the results.. better performance, economy and that noise.

I actually had afew people stop at the lights and ask me if I was driving a turbo on my Ps hahaha

But it is more expensive so its up to you.

I went for the SS kit because being a P-Plater you are likely to be pulled up and inspected, and a massive hole in your intake will surely get you a nice yellow sticker and a trip down to VicRoads/EPA.

The SS kit (if you take the stickers off) will atleast look more standard and provide a better flow of COLD air flow directly from the grille of the car.

But in the end of the day it is up to you.

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 25d

There is no restrictor in the stock intake. Its bs.

Unless your going to tune, don't waste yore time doing intake mods.

Save your money, and get a tune.