Spooling Sound

AJJ

• Member For: 16y 11m 17d

Can someone tell me , which way the rubber joiner is meant to go on the pipe off the turbo up to the crossover

There is a triangle on the part. Is this towards the engine or away.

Also on the plastic pipe, on the engine side is this meant to be perfectly round ,

mine has a small section which is a bit flat.

Also to get some knowledge, what is this pipe used for, is it pressurised air from the turbo to the engine.

Or freash air for the turbo , from the air filter.

Thanks

Andrew

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

Hope this is right...from memory:

If you are looking into the engine bay from the front of the car, you can follow the pipe from the airbox (on your right at the front) over the engine through the rear pipe of the 'crossover' (bit with turbo intercooled written on it), that then goes to the front of the turbo to be compressed. A pipe goes down to your intercooler carrying this HOT compressed air to your intercooler. it exits on the top left as you face the cooler from the front of the car, and back up over the engine through the front pipe of the crossover, and into the throttle body which is on the right hand side of the engine (again, as you are facing the engine bay from outside the car at the front).

That's the path the air follows on a stock B series XR6T.

Ah found a pic of my bay, I got it right above.

IMG_1816.jpg

Edited by -SteveR-

• 1 month later...
  • Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m 6d

Well have finally found, where the noise was coming from, was checking under the bonnet toady and the rubber joiner from the turbo to crossover has a tear along the bottom edge with the pipe just sitting there.

Has been in to Ford that many times complaining about this, and they keep saying that all connections where checked

tis y I have always serviced my own car, till now, I get my F6 done by my local tune shop.

Dealerships get a reputation for selling cars, not servicing, service centres have to do the job properly or u dont come back.

had a few mats buy new cars and take it in for the first few services, they always seemed to miss things or just not do a good job... maybe it was just the dealers in the town, maybe its a general rule of thumb...

just my opinion...

ohh, and back to my main point. does any1 know how I can increase the "tututu" sound? or is that a sount it shouldnt make (insted of the 1 chuuuu sound). can u re-plumb the BOV so not all the pressure goes back into the intake pipe? I think I remember some1 saying that the air flow sensor needs it to be piped that way for the cpu.

any1 able to shed light on that 1?

Edited by Krazy F6310

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 16d

Turbo Fords dont have and Airflow sensor, The ECU gets its reading from a vacuum line off the manifold to tell how much vacuum/boost there is. You can do whatever you please with the bov (block it , vent it , plumb it back) without affecting the computer.

To increase the sound, the easiest way is to remove the bov, block the vacuum line that runs to it and block the 2 x 25mm ports left from removing the bov. that's what I have done on my bf2 turbo ute.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

Or turn up the boost! Mine is still stock plumbed and makes tututut noises due to having 15PSI now instead of 5 :)

Do FG F6's have a different BOV which cna vent more air though? Hence less tututu even if tuned?

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 10m 25d

just a quick reply for your computer reset. The easiest an quickest way I know is to: disconnect the battery for 10 mins, reconnect, start car but make sure not to touch the accel. and run for 5-10 mins then turn off. This should force a remap/restart of the base line obs(if you will) and recommended each basic upgrade ie. k&n filter, service, etc...

Although I am uncertain on how this could or might affect a tune, I wouldnt suspect it would but if I had a tune I would double check with the place that did it. Or if you had a flash tuner the just redo I guess

Edited by C D

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 24d

Hi,

Does it make any difference if this is done on a cold - warm - or hot motor.?

Or does the computer sort it all out in the 5-10 minutes.

Thanks

• Member For: 13y 10m 25d

I never really tried with a hot engine.... I usually only ever done it after I modded the car I was working on and I prefer the car not be hot when I am putting my hands in there lol.... I guess the cooler the better but it should adjust itself off its own temp. if I find out exactly I'll let ya know