Xcal 1 Going Offline Discussion

senna_T

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 10d

Yeah true that... But I guess when you bought an XCAL or XCAL2 it was not suggested that it could tune the ZF...

I just think its a f*cking cash scam...

I mean, if the XCAL 1 didn't support ZF tuning (which it may not, but I cant see how this could not be done with a software upgrade... All they would need to do is add some variables to the software that could be edited and written to the car...) you would have had to upgrade anyway if you wanted it tuned...

The BA boys have been shafted the most! Especially if they have an XCAL 1 and built the motor... :bangcomputer:

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 27d

well since there is no software available for them whats wrong with some one producing there own. Not like SCT care anyway.

$700 paper weight thanks SCT

• Member For: 20y 24d

Yeah true that... But I guess when you bought an XCAL or XCAL2 it was not suggested that it could tune the ZF...

Yes it was.

Dont you recall when buying a flash tuner you have to specify BA-BF, 6 cyl, V8, Auto(4spd/6spd) & Manual (5spd/6spd)

Well I dont recall a BF running a 4spd auto do you? :buttonit:

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 11d

Good point. However I don't think SCT would allow these paper weights to be used anything other than that.........bangcomputer.gif

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 27d

it just really stinks. Think of the 1000's if not 10,000's of enthusiasts who have paid out there hard earned for some thing that is now useless. I remember when these things first came out they were selling for $1200 plus.

Think of the money they would have made, from what appears to be a very simple design.

Now people are forced to purchase essentially the same thing and yet again making them more money

• Member For: 20y 24d

SCT, when you next grace us with your company in here, can you please explain WHY did you say 12 months ago everyone with a xcal 1 who has existing custom tunes will be able to continue using their boxes for servicing/tuning in the future?

ATLEAST let us continue to use them even if a small fee be payed to the tuner before the tunes are saved to the Xcal 1 from the laptop? say a $50 fee? jesus, anythings better than paying $599 for an xcal 3 which does THE SAME THING!

ffs, youve got plenty to answer for here, Im sure the ACCC will be in touch.