Xcal 1 Going Offline Discussion

senna_T

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 9d

HPT and VCM = Same same. Im using one of there MVPI Pro packages and im very happy. Not as refined as sct in some respects but they are very willing to help and resolve any issues.

The MVPI (the little grey box) is also capable of datalogging and storing up to 80 mins of data which is handy for people tuning there own cars.

It also has full obd2 scanner/code reader abilities which is also very very useful for the home mechanic\

Im very happy all round. Was considering updating my x-cal1 when i sold my ute and bought my sedan but backed out as all the BS started going down over the x-cal1's (the first time last year)and i can see SCT turning off the X-Cal2's once the X-cal3 with ZF support is on the market

Anybody want to buy a cheap x-cal1??

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 6d

read the 2nd last line

like to share what you know on the issue???

All I have is what I reported in earlier posts. Plus the same info I got from Rob Herrod over the phone that you got. Yes, I've spoken to Rob too.

Basically a stack of emails between me and SCT where SCT have basically said even though Herrod made that promise to us all, they (SCT) never had any intention of honouring it. So bend over, shut up and take it between the cheeks... And they've basically hung Herrod out to dry and left the responsibility on them.

I've offered these emails to anyone who wants as further support for their cases with Consumer Affairs and the ACCC. I've also offered to post them on here if people wanted to see.

And I did read the second last line. Seeing as its private legal action and someone may have disclosed something, its obviously not that important and you can pass it on.

All I'm suggesting is ranting and raving is not going to get this fixed. Everyone has been over the same stories 5 times now, like yourself. The only way to fix it is for people like us to fund a lawsuit against Herrod and SCT... Or all of us affected to lodge complaints with the ACCC and Consumer Affairs and hope they might be able to sort something out in the next 3 years.

It doesn't help our case when SCT log on to read this post and see us acting and complaining like children in the lolly aisle.

Edited by arm79

• Member For: 21y 2m 27d

Spot on Adrian.

The idea of Herrod and or SCT reading over this forum/thread (and others like it) makes me ashamed... the way many have reacted is childlike.

If people are indeed this worked up and believe they've been hard done by; there are mature and responsible actions to take and paths to follow.

Hell, just thinking about the process.. by the time it takes to sort these things out and see results good or bad, I doubt I will still own the car lol!

I hate to say it, but these cars are starting to attract a "cheaper" group of owners and many people will simply just take the cheapest way out no matter what they believe/want/have.

If I had a dollar for every person I read of or hear talking about modifying and trying to get cheap tunes on the side for their car would make me considerably more financially comfortable!

The money and time to fight this properly would put most people who are so irate that they'd consider action well off the idea, really!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 29d

Daniel,

As I said in a previous post to Seduced, if you dont have complaints to make about sct or herrod dont fcking post here because its people like you that are getting every other member on here that has an xcal1 worked up!

We all cant afford top notch mods and F6's so if you think its attracting a group of "cheaper" owners and that you are "ashamed" then buy a Expensive Daewoo and piss of to the LS1 forums FFS...

Edited by RHR
No need to quote above post. USE FAST REPLY

• Abuser of Charvels
  • Member For: 20y 9m 22d

Here here. Nobody cares if you're not affected or if you don't care that you are, and we care least of all what SCT thinks, they are ****s and that's where it ends.

• ride the lightning
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 22d

would it be worth importing a xcal 3 from usa for $380?

would a local tuner be able to tune the usa versions?

reason I ask is herrod is offering us the xcal3 for $595 with trade in for xcal3.

sct sells them new for $479 usd works out to be about $546 aud.

so herrods etc are getting our xcal1 for free

so is it possible

Edited by nathen