Xcal 1 Going Offline Discussion

senna_T

• Abuser of Charvels
  • Member For: 20y 9m 22d

Weren't we provided with an 18 month grace period???

The fact we didn't know about it is apparently of little consequence. :dontknow:

There was no grace period given 18 months ago. We were told we could tune these boxes forever, period! Now SCT have changed their minds and bricked our functioning boxes with no warning.

Not that that really matters as I don't want any warning because they have no legitimate reason to make my Xcal1 useless, only greed. My and everyone's Xcal1 should work until they fail and if ZF tuning ever becomes a reality and you have a car you want to use that with, you'd get an Xcal3, simple. Unless I change to a car that's not supported by Xcal1 I am within my rights to be able to load new tunes onto it. SCT have taken that right away.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 6d

There was no grace period given 18 months ago. We were told we could tune these boxes forever, period! Now SCT have changed their minds and bricked our functioning boxes with no warning.

mmm... Maybe I didn't put enough sarcasm in that post :dontknow:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 29d

Can anyone say Sony PS3 with there removal of other OS!

They're getting sued for that also...

I hope someone hammers SCT for doing this, greedy fcks.

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 10d

As posted by Herrod on AFF...

So long as these tune shops contact us ASAP on the details above, those who do will be able to update the XCal1 for as long as they have customers needing updates... So, if you CURRENTLY own and use an XCal1 unit then you are fine and have nothing to be concerned about.

I'm guessing everyone who owns an XCAL1 no longer needs updates? In case you didn't read above properly...

So long as these tune shops contact us ASAP on the details above, those who do will be able to update the XCal1 for as long as they have customers needing updates... :dontknow:

Edited by Worm

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 7d

Dunno what point you're trying to make Worm as that was already posted above, but wasn't that their response from the last time this all happened?

• Abuser of Charvels
  • Member For: 20y 9m 22d

The actual response last time was that the Xcal1 would be tunable until it's end of life. Now that's been brought forward to late last week.

• Member For: 16y 8m 18d

Needed to adjust my idle on my BF on the weekend. Cost me $795 (less $200 back) to adjust the idle 200 rpm. I dont want to do any more mods.

SCT/Herrods rip off!

If my tuner used anything else they would not have got my money.

• Member For: 17y 3m 9d

This is the exact gripe I have, they claim we can still use our XCal1 boxes!!! But we cant use them for their primary purpose for which it was purchase, which is to adjust the tune of our cars, and in this case, keep our cars running!

I need to have my tune checked out because its started detonating the other night.

Now this is on hold until this is resolved. I detest at having to pay anything to replace a product I purchased legitimately just 2 years ago, for $995..Because they decided to switch them off!

WTF is wrong with these people, persue the people to blame, don't screw your customers.

• Member For: 16y 8m 18d

Needed to adjust my idle on my BF on the weekend. Cost me $795 (less $200 back) to adjust the idle 200 rpm. I dont want to do any more mods.

SCT/Herrods rip off!

If my tuner used anything else they would not have got my money.

I just spoke to Chris from Herrods. He was helpful but pretty much explained the decision was made by SCT and not them and they are unable to do anything about it. They have made a generous offer of $200 to ease the pain of the new purchase. I suspect there is still some profit being made but I think we need to direct our anger/disgust/warm feelings toward SCT.

The lack of protection implimented by SCT in the fist box combined with the alledged illegal behaviour by some suppliers has caused the problem. Rather than SCT fixing the problem with the dodgy supplier they have passed the problem to us. I wonder if any legal action by SCT that results in a payout will be refunded to Xcal 1 box purchasers (dont think so!)?