Xcal 1 Going Offline Discussion

senna_T

• Member For: 18y 4m 6d

Please feel free to show me the link that anybody from Herrod Motorsport has said ZF tuning was 2 weeks away.

It may have been said by them, but I can't recall hearing any release date.

A previous distributor may have said it was 2 weeks away possibly 2 years ago and I know a lot of people keep refering back to that comment

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 1d

One of the reasons the X1 was to be shut down was to make way for the whizz bang zf tuning for the X3 (which the other models were apparently incompatible with). The shutdown of the X1 was immediate but months later we still don't have zf tuning.

I have an X3 so the shutdown doesn't affect me. What does bother me is that it seems SCT have shut these down without even knowing 100% if the zf tuning was going succeed as far as their expectations or even be a good thing anyway. It's suddenly taking 'longer than expected' so it's still in development stage, yet X1 has already been made defunct.

If businesses have this 'all take/no give' attitude towards customers then I fail to feel any sympathy for them when people start getting angry at them on here. It's unethical & I take it to mean that when X4 (or something 'better') comes out then I too will be left with a worthless hunk of plastic because someone has decided it's time to move on.

In this day & age software is easily copied. If someone came up with something as good or better as SCT for tuning our cars (yes it is a good product no question about that) then I don't expect they'd have much of a customer base left over here.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 13d

In regards to the "ZF tuning", what is it that you guys want to tune/change in the box??

You can already raise the stall, firm the shifts... what else do you want to change?

The box is an awesome piece of work and pretty much perfect from factory.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 14d

withstupid.gif

Spot on Chris, raising the stall was the big one for me .

In manual mode I can't see the shift getting any crisper than it is now.

bang 1-2-3 fark , what more do you want3gears.gif

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 11d

CAPA FLASH TUNER, Ford BA XR6 TURBO. - eBay Engine Parts, Engines, Components, Car, Truck Parts, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 22-Oct-10 10:50:19 AEDST)

Another ebay one.

I see that's sct's advertising campaign to let everyone know that these units are no longer anygood is working.

Chris I know where you are coming from but sct and herrods have not been veryy up front about anything to do with this problem.

Ian

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 19d

What I want to know is when the XCAL2 and XCAL3 will be 'discontinued'.

If you can't tell me when I want to buy the latest XCal how long it will last for, you won't get my MF money.

I got $2K in my pocket right now for a tune. If no-one from this company can say an XCal3 will last for 1 year, or 2 years, or FA years, then they can get SFA.

Has anyone ever heard what the product life is for these 'products'?????

ws

This is whats stopping me from getting one. They could just turn these ones off again in the future to make us buy the new ones. $795 seems a ridiculous price to pay, even before you can even start tuning your car.

• Abuser of Charvels
  • Member For: 20y 9m 22d

Thanks Chris, for the better atmosphere here, it is impossible to talk about Herrod on AFF, they are protected like the church used to protect catholic priests in the old days, and maybe still do now. Nobody wants to know about any problems.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 11m 21d

Thanks Chris, for the better atmosphere here, it is impossible to talk about Herrod on AFF, they are protected like the church used to protect catholic priests in the old days, and maybe still do now. Nobody wants to know about any problems.

The problem is this thread is getting everybody nowhere. It is not sorting out any problems and causing issues for the site.

I can understand why AFF have deleted the thread and do not want to have anything to do with it.

This is the last warning to everyone on this thread.

You can complain about the XCAL1, complain if you feel you have been hard done by, but do NOT mention, have a go, or break the forum rules in anyway regarding Herrod. Enough is Enough.

If anyone breaks these rules you will be warned and this thread will be removed without hesitation. If you have an issue with Herrod ring them and deal with him directly, do not air your public laundry, it is not beneficial to anyone.

Thanks.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 8d

Please feel free to show me the link that anybody from Herrod Motorsport has said ZF tuning was 2 weeks away.

No idea to be honest, but the justification behind shutting down the XCAL1 was to allow for the ZF tuning capability. Why was that done if the ZF support wasn't imminent, why wouldn't Herrod continue allowing the XCAL1 to be tuned right up until it couldn't because of the ZF software changes (I.e. right up until this current day and potentially many more)

And as for what parameters that want to be changed for the ZF that can't be already; no idea. But again why was that sprouted as the justification behind shutting down XCAL1 if all three versions could/can already do everything that's required?

:stupid: