Xcal 1 Going Offline Discussion

senna_T

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 18d

So what do you want them to do? Re-design their new software so it supports the xcal1 for a short period of time so they can call it a phase out period, only to end up in the exact same place a few months later? Is it SCTs fault for not telling you, or your Tuner? Is their responsibility to you? Should SCT wait until every existing customer knows before they phase it out? 18 months ago they began the phase out plans. If that didnt raise alarm bells for you, than is that SCTs fault? What obligation do they have to you that they should support you until you are good an ready tp upgrade? A business has to move forward whether its customers (you've only bought one item from them. That does not make you loyal)are ready or not.

And how the hell would everyone know this? Did SCT actually bother to tell anyone that phase out plans had begun? What if, unbelievable as it may seem, someone doesn't read an internet forum?

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 7m 5d

Exactly! They dont have a databse of all current users of xcal1's. So what do you want them to do? Run a TV ad at millions of dollars?

They had to move on from the x1 at some point, and so they have. I agree, they've done it with no regard to their customers, minimal communication, and max expense to the user, so I'll be looking at different options. There is no use losing sleep over it, as far as they can see, your box still works as long as you dont want another tune. For some people, that suits them just fine. Others it won't.

As unfortunate as it is, this is their decision. A bad one at that. But what can you do about it? Unless you were mislead into buying an X1 just before they ended support, you really dont have a leg to stand on.

• Member For: 17y 5m 28d

So..... its been a couple of weeks now since the xscam1 boxes got turned off with the cookie offering of "but the xscam3 can do ZF in a couple of weeks".....

Havent heard anything more about that have we? Been digging around a bit and cant find a peep about it.......

Or am I just being old and cynical?

• ride the lightning
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 22d

Exactly! They dont have a databse of all current users of xcal1's. So what do you want them to do? Run a TV ad at millions of dollars?

They had to move on from the x1 at some point, and so they have. I agree, they've done it with no regard to their customers, minimal communication, and max expense to the user, so I'll be looking at different options. There is no use losing sleep over it, as far as they can see, your box still works as long as you dont want another tune. For some people, that suits them just fine. Others it won't.

As unfortunate as it is, this is their decision. A bad one at that. But what can you do about it? Unless you were mislead into buying an X1 just before they ended support, you really dont have a leg to stand on.

is a advertisment page on the issue in any car magazine out of the question????

• Member For: 14y 3m 17d

is a advertisment page on the issue in any car magazine out of the question????

And you would complain that they put it in Wheels and you read Motor or some other one...

Edited by TheoF6

• Abuser of Charvels
  • Member For: 20y 9m 22d

Yeah, that's what we'd complain about. A device we bought being destroyed is nothing though.

Edited by RHR
No need to quote above post. USE FAST REPLY

• Member For: 18y 8d

There was no need for an advertisement, as Rob Herrod gave his assurance as the Australian wholesaler that the XCAL1 would be able to be used now and into the future. As the SCT representative for Australia he needs to stand by his words, he has failed!

• ride the lightning
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 22d

I do believe herrod has done his best.

as for sct they will do this again!

we have waited 2+ years for the 6 speed fix!!!!

dont hold your breath.I bet the fix will be 6 month+

most tuners wouldnt care as they are making money out of xcal3 sales.

as consumers we have been ripped off.

im still waiting for consumer affairs to get back to me

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 5m 5d

one of them hp or vcm can't remember wich will actually plug in and download the custom tune you have in your car then you can flash back to stock and load the custom tune in with the other program ,only real loss is you can't carry 3 tunes around with you , you need the laptop to change tunes.

had this trialed on my BA they were able to pull the custom tune and overlay it on a stock tune and see where all the changes had been made.