Xcal 1 Going Offline Discussion

senna_T

• Member For: 17y 4m 16d

I hope there is a skilled programmer out there affected by this who takes it upon themselves to crack their software, because doing dodjy sh*t like this is what causes people to stop doing the right thing and turn to alternative albeit illegal activities

• Banned
  • Member For: 15y 2m 15d

there is a way to bypass this and allow the tuner to keep tuning the x1. Unfortunatlly it would come with if's and buts and be illegal. Im sure tuners wouldn't want that on their heads. Although they could charge extra and keep all the x1 clients.

I could organise possible for this to happen, but as I said, would be highly illegal and at a price.

but then again...how is it illegal to tune a box that's meant to last forever according to the capa website?

• ride the lightning
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 22d

is it illegal if ?

1 the company is usa based?

2 it no longer wants to support the product?

3 it wants to make you upgrade to a product that does the same thing?

4 slugg you for %500 for a item that does the same thing

5 int it illegal what the tuners have been doing?the flash box was desighned to hold 3 generic tunes and a factory tune.not custom tunes(maybe ratter can answer that 1)hense why people are pissed off

6 sct never had 1 coment in there add that the xcal1 had a used by date

7sct offloaded there superseeded model to australia flash tuner was 3+ years old when our market received it!!thinking we would not use the item then when it was succesfull cry poor.even though they screwed cappa over by supplying them withh 200+gm units wouldnt take them back and capa had to get there money some how!!!

7 screwing over in my eyes 2 ozzy companys being cappa and herrod for doing there dirty work.

and then have a winge cry poor

8 have promised a tune for the 6 speed box over 1 year ago ...tap taptap....still waiting!!!

9 making money with a upgrade that most people dont need and its going to cost us $500 dollars !!!

10.sure the tune shops are going to agree .there getting a cut out of xcal3 sales!!!!

11.sct sold a unit that was inferior could be hacked and there customers have to pay for there r&d stuff up.

:spoton:

:censored: :pooh:the whole thing stinks!!

:finger: screw you sct :sleepystuff: we have heard the 6 speed argument before!!!!

:bangcomputer: you told us before that xcal1 owners were safe!!!see page 1!!!

and you need a :bopp:

:bye: I will bee going to a sniper tune/dreamscience tunes if you dont fix your f*ck up!!!

mate please explain.sct doesnt want to help/protect my $900 investment.

they dont want my business im more than happy to supprt a australian based company if these jack ass dont want to help/back us up!!

I hope there is a skilled programmer out there affected by this who takes it upon themselves to crack their software, because doing dodjy sh*t like this is what causes people to stop doing the right thing and turn to alternative albeit illegal activities

what would be better is if the tuners turned around and said screw you sct !!!!

you are screwing our boys that have forked out $900 dollars bought custom tunes for your product.they have done the right certain tune shops/shoncks have screwed you!!!!sort out your own problems!!! we wont be selling your xcal 3 hacking xcal1 becouse you dont want to back it get f*cked!!!

yes it may be wrong!!!!

but eg how old is the vl turbo now?

how much after market products are available for the vl?

how long will the ba/bf/fg be cult cars are cheaper and every young person wants to mod them!!!?

how much money are the tuners going to make with these cars over a 10 15 year period!!!?

how much more money would they make if sct didnt screw people around with xcal 1??and will they do this again with xcal2 xcal3???

people dont forget and its only a matter of time when somebody comes up with a tuner friendly program that is easier and faster than sct to use!

have tuners in this thread thought of this???

I know there is no way in hell I would be taking my car to you if you are backing sct...it makes you out to be hungray and you couldnt give a rats arse about your valuable cliants!!!that have spent $900+ dollars on a flash box and $400 plus for a custom tune!!!

that sort of money I could of got the opositions tune!!!and I would be happy with the 1 tune ifthe car ran perfect wit upgrades!

I might get banned but screw it!!!!

WHATS HAPPENING HERE IS UNAUSTRALIAN!!!!

Edited by Dagabond

• Member For: 16y 1m 12d

have tuners in this thread thought of this???

I know there is no way in hell I would be taking my car to you if you are backing sct...it makes you out to be hungray and you couldnt give a rats arse about your valuable cliants!!!that have spent $900+ dollars on a flash box and $400 plus for a custom tune!!!

that sort of money I could of got the opositions tune!!!and I would be happy with the 1 tune ifthe car ran perfect wit upgrades!

I might get banned but screw it!!!!

The tuners have invested a lot of time, effort and most likely money training on one package and aren't likely to change it for this one issue. A good tuner will get you better power, drivability and potentially save you thousands on a self destructing engine and gearbox. If you have a good tuner that uses SCT software to shop around out of principle would be stupid at best.

• Abuser of Charvels
  • Member For: 20y 9m 22d

I have lodged an official complaint with the ACCC about this saga. I think it's quite a tale and should prove interesting. You can't sell something in this country and just do what you want like this to customers. I wonder if the SCT guys would drive on the wrong side of the road over here as well, as they seem to think our laws don't apply to them. Doesn't matter where you are based if you trade in this country.

• Member For: 21y 2m 27d

Am I the only person who has an Xcal 1, was only a week or so off the cutoff date to touch up my tunes and am fairly OK with the deal of having to update to Xcal 3?

I am amazed at the way so many people have their noses out of joint; I'm not saying I'd want to if I had a choice, but in the same merit I wish I didn't have to pay money to update half the stuff in my house as time goes by.

I suggest you all put your cars back to stock and get chummy with your local ford dealerships and just update to the new model every 2yrs lol

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 11d

I believe you have miss the piont mircosoft are not stopping you from using the program as intented.

SCT are you will no longer be able to update the tune of your car if required.

This means say your car has a faulty fuel reg and you replace it and now it runs rich you can not have it retuned.

Ian