Xcal 1 Going Offline Discussion

senna_T

• ride the lightning
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 22d

so if sct no longer wants to honour the xcal1 why doesnt someone crack/hack the code and start storeing/writing tunes in the xcal1????

can the xcal1 be cracked to run other companys tunes and installed in the box eg sniper,dreamscience/Dreamscience- Flash Tuner Devices?

Pro Racer Tuning Pricing | Bullet Performance Racing

Not arguing at all, but asking a question, you seem to be the expert on all things SCT lately, I asked a question you being full of answers, can you point me to the add.

Your box took a tune so looking at Capa's add, it did what it was supposed to do.

you guys sound honest .

but with this xcal 1 trade in how much are the tuners making off us on the xcal3?

Edited by Dagabond

• Blown Happiness
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 5d

Not Happy Jan... SCT :werd:

In a previous post someone was talking about the software can be on various pc's but the tuner requires a dongel to upload the tune to your Xcal unit.

My Question is:

Can I just find a tuner with a heap of burns left and get my xcal1 programmed and then I only have to worry about this when I go for the next lot of mods? or is my xcal1 a paper weight as of right now?

cheers

• Member For: 14y 3m 10d

Hi All,

I was made aware of this thread by a customer of ours.

I am not going to get involved in the SCT area of it as its not my business to. I hope this is understoood.

When getting a car tuned, your paying for the knowledge and time of the tuner, and the apparatus they use to get the best out of your vehicle. Its not simply paying for the licensing of the car.

There is a really good thread on the LS1 forums about this at the moment, I dont know if any of you frequent it.

Regards

Scott @ VCM

03 9763 7599

Edited by Scott @ VCM

• Member For: 18y 4m 5d

Hi All,

Once licenced to a dongle a car can be tuned infinite times, and not be required to be licenced again by that particular dongle.

Fords are always 2-credits.

Again, once licenced to a specific dongle, that car can be tuned by that dongle infinite times.

Sorry Scott if it appeared my post was aimed at VCM suit, it was not meant to sound that way, but just using the licence fee set up as an example, and yes once a car is liceneced it can be retuned by the same tuner as many time as required/requested.

Should have also mentioned the 4 credits was on a late model holden, not a ford

• Abuser of Charvels
  • Member For: 20y 9m 22d

Thanks for chiming in Scott. I/we appreciate that we are also paying for the knowledge of the tuner, that is on TOP of buying the box the first time, and we continue to pay for their knowledge and abilities at re-tune time. So this is not an issue here.

Our functioning boxes being turned off remotely and creating an artificial need to purchase an X3 is.

• Abuser of Charvels

Sorry Scott, I was just thinking about my response to your post and I think now that you may have been replying to nathen's post about how much a tuner will make from selling the X3 to us.

This is a valid question as all that's involved is we rock up, buy the X3, and the tunes from the old box are loaded onto it. I don't think there's a fee for that in this instant most likely. But, SCT, Herrod and the Tuner involved have now all made money and we are out 600 large to be where we once were.

This creates a revenue stream for 3 entities it seems.

• Abuser of Charvels

Because I've been thinking too much about this I've discovered the model SCT have based their business on:

1. Work hard to create the program and flash box to let people tune their cars.

2. Sell these to tuners and car owners - reap rewards.

3. Wait patiently for car owners to willfully throw their still working units in the bin.

4. Sell car owners latest flash box - reap rewards.

Clearly there was a slight hiccup with step 3 so SCT are helping things along.

Maybe in the US people upgrade cars and flash boxes more often. This could be because in the US cars and flash boxes are much cheaper. A five year old car in the US is worthless, but things are different here guys.

• ride the lightning
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 22d

Hi All,

I was made aware of this thread by a customer of ours.

I am not going to get involved in the SCT area of it as its not my business to. I hope this is understoood.

When getting a car tuned, your paying for the knowledge and time of the tuner, and the apparatus they use to get the best out of your vehicle. Its not simply paying for the licensing of the car.

There is a really good thread on the LS1 forums about this at the moment, I dont know if any of you frequent it.

Regards

Scott @ VCM

03 9763 7599

any chance of a link?