Xcal 1 Going Offline Discussion

senna_T

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 10d

do you care to back that up ? or STFU

Sorry... Should have said why isn't "this" site sponsor as good... Or genuine... Or trustworthy???

If tuners were supposed to know these were to become obsolete... Why didn't they tell him???

Why can't he name names...? It's not slander... But it would be good to know who he purchased it off and why they sold it to him?

How can we trust them?

• blind leading the blind
  • Member For: 16y 22d

so mick are you saying that if someone comes in with a xcal-1 and wants to upgrade you can put there old tunes back onto the xcal-3 if you previously tuned the car?? if that is the case its not too bad, and the old box doesnt have to be unlocked just returned to stock?? if so there is not going to be the huge outlay bar for a new box is this correct? (which with rebate should only cost the $595 stated unless the person gets a new tune)

just asking cos I think some people are getting a little confused here

Edited by Ace

• Member For: 14y 3m 17d

The tune that was dont for your XCAL1 flash tuner can be put into the new XCAL3 but you will have to get it done by your tuner that should have your tune on file.

You can not go to any tuner and grab the tune out of your XCAL1 and put it into a XCAL3 as the system does not let you use it like that.

So its a easy process..

Step 1 - call up your tuner say yuo want a new XCAL3 for change over and they will be able to post out a XCAL3 with your tunes that are on your XCAL1

Step 2 - Then with your XCAL3 arrives flash with your XCAL1 your car back to the factory tune (so you can get the rebate)

Step 3 - Reflash your car with the new XCAL3 and yuor car will be the same as it was before you started..

It that easy...

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 7d

... and yuor car will be the same as it was before you started..

...and your pocket will be a fair bit lighter and you've gained nothing!

Yes it's easy but totally unethical, unconscionable and unnecessary.

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 14d

sct was on the forum lastnight, no comment sct? money hungry is what this comes down to

Money hungry? no. Not understanding why folks don't read posts...sure. Au market is extremely knowlegable about their vehciles however we had been notifying everyone all last year that this would end. The X1 should have stayed off last year however Rob made the point that customers needed time. This remained for longer than it should have. Our new updates are getting ready to support newer applications both in AU and the US (new 5.0L mustang, Fiesta, 6.7L diesel, and of course 6spd trans). This along with corrupt devices made this change to X1 happen.

The issue is that there are more dodgy boxes in circulation than legit ones (I know most of you are calling BS as I am typing this) look around you and note who is selling and where they were getting them from. SCT hasn't sold a new X1 since 2005.

I believe most consumers that recently bought X1's understand that the price they paid was far lower that an X3 but the previous posts are correct...you get what you pay for.

While that statement will not allow your X1 box to be re-flashed, setting the Xcal1 box to stock and having your tuner flash an x3 will put at least $200.00au in your pocket and give you a device that is not in jepordy of being iradicated due to unethical acts.

Please forward your negative comments to SCT at sales AT sctflash.com as Herrod does an acceptional job distributing and supporting dealers and customers in your country. My only wish was that we could have selected him as our first choice.

Charlie

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 7d

The issue is that there are more dodgy boxes in circulation than legit ones (I know most of you are calling BS as I am typing this) look around you and note who is selling and where they were getting them from. SCT hasn't sold a new X1 since 2005.

If that's the case why not deal with it through the courts with the offending party rather than doing-over every customer?

Kind of like setting fire to your house to get rid of a rat isn't it?

And seriously...where was it previously stated that support would end for the Xcal 1, and what's to say the same thing won't happen further down the track to the later models?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 29d

What a load of sh!t sct, you money grubbing scum... I paid $1000 for mine 4yrs ago and was due for another tune later this year due to more mods. That tune will now cost me $1150 instead of $650 just for the tune seeing as though I need an X3 now!

So your Fking $200 in our pocket as I'll say again is a load of crap... :launch:

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 12d

I also am interested in knowing how much profit the tuners are making from this, it seems to be something no one is looking at either, why?

These guys seem like there doing a great thing updating your tune in there driveway, but there probably pocketing $200-$300 for doing so.

And SCT, GFY!