Sloxr6'S Ba Wagon Project And Turbo Ef Xr6

• Member For: 14y 3m 16d

Ok update I have a new hero. Its Drew (Vegabass) Not sure if he is on here. He just finished doing my new interior it came up awesome.

I was going to wait for some better pictures but I couldn't help myself.

20131206_150052_zps4045538a.jpg

20131206_145709_zpsba7158bb.jpg

20131206_145549_zps1473d639.jpg

20131206_145812_zpsa17143b2.jpg

More pics from Drew.

IMG_2759_zps2d8edbcb.jpg
IMG_2752_zpsa2fb6ab1.jpg
IMG_2750_zps6653ed94.jpg
IMG_2754_zps36a647e5.jpg
IMG_2757_zps9db9ee5a.jpg
[url=http://s31.photobucket.com/user/vegabass/media/IMG_2758_zps06556253.jpg.html]IMG_2758_zps06556253.jpg[/url

• Like 3

• Member For: 10y 10m 8d

Wow that is one nice car, im not a fan of the bonnet but each to their own and that's what cars are about, such an awesome wagon, good work on it

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 11m 8d

I love this car (including the bonnet!) I have been thinking about doing a similar conversion like this for years, and today I just bought a wrecked (rollover) FG FPV F6 ( I think that's what it is called, it is the 310KW version)

Anyway, couple of questions for you I you don't mind? I know the BA/BF wagon dates back to AU architecture. Do you know if the FG dash will fit into the BA wagon shell? What other parts of the conversion have you discovered that are not straight swap overs? Rear seats? Obviously, rear suspension is different, does the ute rear end swap straight in, or work required there? I hope you don't mind all of the questions, just trying to get my head around the job. Not new to engine swaps and car builds, so nothing is an issue, but always nice to know these things in advance:)

thanks Conrad

• Member For: 14y 3m 16d

Hey mate thanks. Hope you have fun building your wagon there great fun.

I am unsure about the Fg gear but I am pretty sure the Fg interior will be a not go without some major mods. Front seats you will most likely get away with the rear will be no good.

Also I think you might have created a bit of a head ache for yourself getting a FG and trying to put it in a earlier model. I am pretty sure the sumps are different on the fg's but they are interchangeable your biggest hassle is going to be getting in running as all the FG and Ba security is different so you are going to have to sort something out with the wiring of the motor as it will be a massive job trying to run all the FG wiring as you will have to do all the wiring inside the car as well and without the fg dash nothing will work ether.

I have actually forgot to mention this on here but I have also done another wagon with all my old running gear. It was just sitting in the shed and the easiest way I figured to make a bit of money back on the F6 gear was to put it all my old gear in a wagon and sell it off

Its not quite finished but its getting there few little small things to do. This one is going to be full sleep spec unless you look under the bonnet you will have no idea. Its got the full XR6 turbo driveline with 10psi tune and work auto with 2500 stall. Should be good fun.

20131227_195142_zps3cfd9bb6.jpg

• Member For: 12y 11m 8d

thanks for the reply and information. I think you might be right about the FG givng me headaches with all of the differences:) But the price on the wreck was very good, so I just bought it and thought I would figure out what to do with it later. I wasn't aware that the FG sump was different. This engine appears to have the bigger turbo of the BA/BF model, as opposed to the regular (smaller) FG turbo. What other differences did Ford make to the rear end of the ute? Different springs, shocks, 2 links etc? Does you know what diff ratio was fitted to the ute?

cheers conrad