Tyre Comparo - Which Ones Are Good?

EvilDaifu

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 6d

Without getting too specific here rapt it's worth asking the question like this...

How many kms did you get out of them?

What is your cars average speed?

What is your fuel average?

Would you fit them again?

I'll see nearly 40k out of a 240 treadwear tyre simply because of the driving I do. Just asking how far they went doesn't answer any of the important questions.

My Nitto NT05's have 1 or 2mm of tread left on them, 275 W rated for 19" rim with a bit of freeway driving and they were lucky to see 10k of 'street' driving.

Jack :spoton:

Edited by G6ET8U

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 21d

Without getting too specific here rapt it's worth asking the question like this...

How many kms did you get out of them?

What is your cars average speed?

What is your fuel average?

Would you fit them again?

I'll see nearly 40k out of a 240 treadwear tyre simply because of the driving I do. Just asking how far they went doesn't answer any of the important questions.

My Nitto NT05's have 1 or 2mm of tread left on them, 275 W rated for 19" rim with a bit of freeway driving and they were lucky to see 10k of 'street' driving.

Jack :spoton:

Without getting too specific here G6ET8U all I want to know is how many ks they lasted as I only got 18500 out of the OME that included a day at sandown trying to drive like a race car driver :swoon:

but to notice the difference between the tyres is unreal..............and I dont care what they cost :good:

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 6d

No worries.

If you own a tyre service... I am suprised you are asking for advice here.

If you care not for price. Want maximum grip and don't care for the extra cost re: reliablility (tearing your ENTIRE driveline apart) then I'd go for Toyo R888's.

Clearly as someone who has a tyre service you already know you should keep your wheel choice down to 19" or smaller. Taller sidewall etc. You didn't happen to mention what size you were after...

Just so we are on the same playing field here.... I work in Construction. So you are asking questions you should already know the answer to, #becauseyouownatyreservice.

Jack...

Edited by G6ET8U
  • Like 2

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 2m

I think we should give the benefit of a doubt here - everyone has to start somewhere.

They didn't last long - maybe got 10k to 15k out of them with my driving style. I think I posted up several pages earlier my mileage.

• Member For: 21y 6m 5d

Just because you own a tyre service does not mean you know everthing about the performance aspects of a tyre, much like if you owned a brothel, it wouldn't mean that you know everything about being good in the sack. Good on him for asking as everybodies advice here is helpful.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 13y 1m 10d

OK Guys, looking for opinions.

First of all how many clicks are you guys getting out of the Dunlop SportMaxx TT?

I have had two sets of SP 3000A on my BA Turbo, about 68Ks on the first set, second set, bad shoulder wear, but still about 55Ks..

Looking at these options:

another set of SP3000A,

SportMaxx,

SportMaxx TT

Yoko A drive R1

Yoko S Drive

GoodYear F1 Directional 5

Any experience with these, or other good suggestions?