Tyre Comparo - Which Ones Are Good?

EvilDaifu

• G666E Turbo!!!
  • Member For: 14y 8m 20d

I just brout the cheapest gay tyres I could get in a 245/40/19 as I wanted more sidewall

I sh*t you not they hold more traction than the Nitto NT05's that are now stacked up in the corner of the garage and off to eBay soon LOL

They are accelera

Stuffed if I know how they hold more traction than the nitto's.... Unless... The tyre shop removed the turbo and re fitted my wheels to a N/A g6e LOL

They don't corner as well, but the do hold on better straight line than the nt05.

Give them a week and when they are worn out I'm sure the story won't be the same, but for $160 they seem reasonable, and are miles better than some brand name rubber my car has had on it.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 21d

I bought the Dunlops for $560 each and just bought 2 new RE001 Bridgestones for $235 each today.

I had RE001 were all round on the car as now the new Dunlops on the front and have abnother 5000kms left on the old RE001 then I can put the new ones on as I got a good deal right place at the right time.

Edited by nick d

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 22d

What's the story with tyre manufactures at the moment?:help: I can't get the listed Bridgestone RE002's / Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2/ Goodyear Eagle F1 Directional 5- Is 245/35/19 so hard to get shipped,. I keep getting referred to Dunflops. :nono:

And the MICHELIN Pilot Super Sport which I really want is priced at $777 per corner. Dont think fleet will like that as they want dunflops on too, and not even the TT's. :bangcomputer:

On a side note the Directional 5's when they are available-Come in at the same price as the standard dunlops.

Edited by Barra

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 10d

Anyone heard of Delinte tyres? As a decent cheapy?

Or any recommendations for decent 20's?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 21d

What's the story with tyre manufactures at the moment?:help: I can't get the listed Bridgestone RE002's / Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2/ Goodyear Eagle F1 Directional 5- Is 245/35/19 so hard to get shipped,. I keep getting referred to Dunflops. :nono:

And the MICHELIN Pilot Super Sport which I really want is priced at $777 per corner. Dont think fleet will like that as they want dunflops on too, and not even the TT's. :bangcomputer:

On a side note the Directional 5's when they are available-Come in at the same price as the standard dunlops.

This is what I had to put up with aswell, but they tell me the RE002 will be out next year now.

I'm never been a fan of Dunlops but TT's are new and at the front of my RSPEC so far so good (very surprised).

• Member For: 16y 2m 19d

I just brout the cheapest gay tyres I could get in a 245/40/19 as I wanted more sidewall

I sh*t you not they hold more traction than the Nitto NT05's that are now stacked up in the corner of the garage and off to eBay soon LOL

They are accelera

Stuffed if I know how they hold more traction than the nitto's.... Unless... The tyre shop removed the turbo and re fitted my wheels to a N/A g6e LOL

Accelera is a company that is part of the YHI International group. They also have Achillies, Nexen and Neuton. I used to run Accelera Alpha tyres on my taxi last year in 235/45R17 size last year, but had to find something else when I went to 18s a few months ago (ie to fit Brembo calipers). The Alpha doesn't come in a suitable 18" size and the Accelera Phi doesn't give good traction in wet conditions. So, it was time to see what else I could use.

I used Accelera Alpha tyres last year and early this year after reading this review: http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2008/tyre-test-2008-6873

I'm now running Neuton NT5000 tyres on my taxi in 235/40ZR18 size. These things have amazing grip on wet roads, which is what I was after. I've been paying $160 a tyre at Eurotyres in Carlisle/Welshpool (ie Perth).

I put Brembo six piston brakes on the front of the taxi a couple of weeks ago. It rained all weekend, and I did numerous demonstrations to passengers to show how damn good this stuff is for braking in wet conditions. With the good front brakes and grippy tyres I was doing sudden stops easily without even using the ABS. The four piston rear Brembo stuff went on tonight, so I've got the best setup I can find right now.

The Neuton NT5000 tyre was recommended to me by Jimmy, the owner of Eurotyres. I hadn't ever heard of them so went home and did a bunch of web searching. There's the occasional critical feedback, but the overwhelming majority of people that have used that tyre have written very positive reviews.

One site that I referred to a lot: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk

Particularly: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Neuton/NT5000.htm

• Like 1

• G666E Turbo!!!
  • Member For: 14y 8m 20d

Amazing stuff really for cheap tyres

Yesterday I gave them a workout and when up to temp they would not spin just a tiny cheep cheep from them at the top of first, I swear something is wrong with my car LOL... there is no way $160 tyres can hold 300+ rwkw... Or can they? So far they hold better straight line grip than the nitto NT05 RE001 Maxxis Z1 pZero Nero Dunlop sportmaxx (jap made ones) and whatever else I've had on the rear

I'm a little disappointed though I used to drive to work and a few km from home at 60km/h up a small incline boot it and skate up the hill, now it just takes off :(

• Member For: 17y 5m 4d

Get them from the US. I just received 4 x Pilot Super Sports Delivered from tirerack for just over $1400. Local price is just BS