Tyre Comparo - Which Ones Are Good?

EvilDaifu

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 2m

Booked in for the goodyear asy 2. Will comment after I give it a good run in.

Just completed the Snowy Cruise and VIC Alpine extension. The Goodyear Eagle Assymetrics were great - gripped and no tyre squeal :thumbsup: They may have worn down a few mm or so :roflmbo:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 22d

Drove to bris for an appointment to fit the tyres, only to get a call on the way down, saying the warehouse only had 3 not 4 and a wait of 2 wks now follows. Oh well only drive it a few times a f/night.

Invos would of been good, yet the fleet don't have a supplier for them have to use the big names.

Goodyear it is when I can get them. Cheers guys.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 27d

Barra is it a novated lease? If it is you can go with whoever you want and claim it back, I have a novated lease and I ordered through tirerack and had a local shop fit them and I put it through my lease nws, I've actually found they screw you sometimes with the big name shops even though you think your saving money the fleet wholesaler takes a cut too, plus the shops never tell you what you will get the tyres for because it's not up to them. I was quoted in the shop an approximate figure only to find a few months later when it finally showed on my paper work I'd been charged much higher, that was the last time I used bob jane tmart with my lease.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 22d

Thanks for the advice. I will look into it. Sometimes it's easier to just let them pay for it than have to fork out a grand and wait 2 weeks for the cash back. My novated lease cost me heaps as it is per mth. Should just upgrade to an r spec all black no badges.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 22d

I have just put Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric on my wifes xr6 turbo 310 atw and on my f6 ute with a slight tune......I love them

the ute bearly breaks traction now and stays straight ,slight traction control kicks in down low and it just goes without not lifting the pedal

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 2m

Good one mate :thumbsup: I luv 'em as well - on my second full set after a brief sojourn with Michelin Pilot Sport 3s on the rears and couldn't wait to get back into the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics all round :spoton:

• Like 1

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 7d

I have the same thing for under 400 a corner with Toyo T1S. I've looked to those Goodyears. Dunlop Direzza Star Spec's too.

Best grip I've had is on NT05 Nittos. A stock transmission killer though...

Ultimate grip and street legal on a Falcon.

Toyo R888. Load rated, available in good widths and varied profiles on plenty of different sizes.

Jack :spoton: