Tyre Comparo - Which Ones Are Good?

EvilDaifu

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 10d

Yeah they're not bad, but that's only on stock power.

If I get 30/40k I'll be over the moon.

• Member For: 17y 5m 28d

Yeah they're not bad, but that's only on stock power.

If I get 30/40k I'll be over the moon.

At the end of the Day, your not going to get any Tyre to last if you keep lighting tnem up!

- I'm not stock, but I have to admit I drive it mostly like a Taxi Day to Day and put my Race Tyres on for the Track.

- I need my Licence!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 11m 13d

I had my first change of tyre yesterday on my stock FG F6 ute. I was chasing something with more grip, this being the first car that I've owned that will turn the tyres all the way through first gear in the dry (without provocation). So much drama and little forward momentum. Anyway I got hold of some Nitto NT-05's and to be honest I'm pretty disappointed. It was damp when I first drive out of the tyre shop and they were like driving on ice, and it really didn't get much better from there. I waited until the roads were dry last night and took it out for a rap and it was still the same as the OEM dunlops. Wheelspin through first and maybe a touch more grip on the shift into 2nd. All up, pretty disappointed that even a semi slick tyre cannot contain a completely standard car.

Edited by Gonadman2

• Donating Members

That seems a bit wierd, I thought they were meant to be ok, what width?

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 29d

This might sound a little "hoonish" but try doing a little burnout to scuff the tyres a little and get them warm, being brand new they probably still have traces of the release agent on them and also, the semi-semi slick nature of the NT-05s means that they need a little heat to become grippy...

• Member For: 17y 11m 13d

Oh yea I belted them several times, I'm pretty familiar with semi slick tyres (I used to run Dunlop D01J's on my track rex). I'll definintely do some more driving on them over the next week or so, but taking everything into consideration they are pretty poor performers IMHO. Maybe I got a bad batch...

Edited by Gonadman2

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 17d

This might sound a little "hoonish" but try doing a little burnout to scuff the tyres a little and get them warm, being brand new they probably still have traces of the release agent on them and also, the semi-semi slick nature of the NT-05s means that they need a little heat to become grippy...

hahaha , I knew that when I recently had some Falkens fitted after I got less than 18 months and ~ 20ks due to Maringonis delaminating.

Very nice skid leaving the tyre place, like driving on ice. wooot

• Donating Members

Better still do a huge skid and see how you go, make sure to get a vid too and post it up.

• G666E Turbo!!!
  • Member For: 14y 8m 20d

I agree with the above even when warm the nt05's weren't that sticky for the traffic light GP, but they were good in the corners and under brakes

My acceleras I can't get to break traction in the dry if it's above 28deg once everything is warmed up LOL

Cheap tyres FTW, although they aren't as good in the corners or under brakes

I thought my car was maybe broken, but I still managed a sub 5 second 0-100km/h when tested the other day on 22's in 2nd gear

So it's still going ok....

I'm spewing I want nastier tyres I used to love flooring it at 50km/h and whilst floored pressing the brake, kind of a stand still burnout but at 50km/h, it's pretty impressive, but I can't do it no more :(