Tyre Comparo - Which Ones Are Good?

EvilDaifu

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 22d

Ok, couldn't wait for the the tyres I wanted. So went with Dunlop sport maxx TT- Light years ahead of the other dunflops. Kevlar reinforced and $20 more per tyre made in Japan. Grip is fantastic, able to take corners alot faster than usual. Done 2000kms and I must say I'm happy I went this way. I only have them on the front at the moment as I had to buy cheapies for the rear for the time being (Chinese- Triangles TR 968) they are okay for a bit of fun as they progressively let go. So the dunlops grip like .... to a blanket and the triangle tyres (No jokes please) drift nicely. Nice combo for now. Yet too see how they both perform in the wet.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 10d

Anyone heard of Delinte tyres? As a decent cheapy?

Or any recommendations for decent 20's?

Bump

For some reason no ones has nankangs for a month

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 25d

Still leaning towards the KU36's. The tread pattern on the Nitto Invo's 'looks' a bit gay IMO, but I know they're a very good tyre. Saw them in 245 40 18 on ebay for $250. Good buying at that.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 10d

What about Federal 595 EVO's?

Good reviews and can get a staggered set for around $1000

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 5d

Had 595's on 2 different cars. Awesome tyres IMO.. I was really happy with them wrapped around a set of 20's on a BA NA and on the WRX.

Side note: I only got about 30,000km out of them on the WRX and that was stretching it a bit

Edited by Brenno85

• Member For: 13y 3m 20d

Ok, couldn't wait for the the tyres I wanted. So went with Dunlop sport maxx TT- Light years ahead of the other dunflops. Kevlar reinforced and $20 more per tyre made in Japan. Grip is fantastic, able to take corners alot faster than usual. Done 2000kms and I must say I'm happy I went this way. I only have them on the front at the moment as I had to buy cheapies for the rear for the time being (Chinese- Triangles TR 968) they are okay for a bit of fun as they progressively let go. So the dunlops grip like .... to a blanket and the triangle tyres (No jokes please) drift nicely. Nice combo for now. Yet too see how they both perform in the wet.

First tried these tyres when I chucked them on an 850kg front wheel drive turbo that I used to have a couple of years ago. It had 145kw at wheels with stiff suspension (koni yellows, swaybars, panhard rod, springs, urethane bushes, anti lift) and massive grip issues. The TT's Basically fixed my grip issues.

What poos me is my falcon is still slower accelerating than that car (although the falcon would munch it on launch)....but not for long!

Dyno coming soon

Edited by Garrettba03

• Member For: 16y 2m 24d

Get them from the US. I just received 4 x Pilot Super Sports Delivered from tirerack for just over $1400. Local price is just BS

How have you found these tyres? I am looking at getting a set in. Pitty the exchange rate has gone down since I first looked at them.

• Member For: 17y 5m 28d

Had 595's on 2 different cars. Awesome tyres IMO.. I was really happy with them wrapped around a set of 20's on a BA NA and on the WRX.

Side note: I only got about 30,000km out of them on the WRX and that was stretching it a bit

Been running the 595's for some Years now.

- $180.00 a Corner fitted and balanced on 18's

Good cost effective 'all round' Street Tyre!

- 30-40,000km avaerage life.