Tyre Comparo - Which Ones Are Good?

EvilDaifu

• Member For: 19y 4m

The Soumitomos have been superseded by the HTR III. A much better tyre apparently.

Im on my second set and I am very happy with them although I only get about 20k out of the rears.

Available from JAX for $220 all up.

John.

• 2 months later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 2m

Well, seriously looking at getting a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymmetrics now - found a place that offers them for $225 each for 235/45R17's which is a pretty good price in my opinion. Prolly helps that the Aussie dollar is almost the same as the US dollar :buttrock: I'll let you know how this place goes after I try them out.

So I guess now is the best time to buy imported products :beerchug:

Read the reviews and although it looks like I may have to buy another set in a year's time - the grip in the dry and the wet is unprecedented according to many user reviews on the Internet - and everyone knows the Internet is always true :roflmbo: But seriously, Wheels review thought it was good. I was initially looking at $320 per corner near the start of the year, but now with prices down a bit - looks more convenient than buying them direct from TireRack in the US.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 4d

I'm over the moon with the Yokohama ADVAN AD08s I just got. Have you thought about getting some from Tirerack?

They are a bit noisy but it blends in with the exhaust noise so I don't really notice it. Haven't tried them in the wet but alot of people rave about their wet grip too.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 28d

Good Year Eagle f1's. They grip awesome. Best tyre I've used do far, Ive used the falkens, and the Yokohama V103's. I will use good year from now on.

I was looking at the Ad08's in 245/35/r19. I was told they are not load rated to my bf phoon.

Edited by MILES

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 4d

Yeah I've got the AD08 on the front in that size & they are only 89 instead of 93 rated. Might put Bridgestone RE11s on the front next time & stick with the 295/30/19 AD08s on the back which are 100 rated so they are fine.

Edited by Turbo6FG

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Well I have replaced my OEM Dunlops for Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymmetrics now. Nice and grippy so far in the dry. Cost was $900 for a set of 4 off 235/45R17. They are rated at 97Y. Shall let you all know what I think over time. Glad I did because they said my Dunlops were close to legally unroad-worthy they reckon!!! I took a corner and feel more control now. They are brand new still and not noticed any road noise.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

You will love them. They are a great tire. I am running KU31's now as the Goodyears asy's for 19's have just got too bloody dear for my budget.

My last quote was over three grand to fit them. The KU31's are as quite and as good in the wet. But they have nothing on the goodyears in the dry or lateral grip.

keep the goodyears well inflated in the wet and they are fine.

Edited by XR09

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Here's where I got my Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymmetrics 235/45R17 from:

Beaurepaires Box Hill

69 Carrington Rd

BOX HILL VIC 3128

Phone: (03) 9890 5669

Hours: Mon-Fri: 8.00 AM - 5.30 PM, Sat:8.00 AM - 4.00 PM

Ask for Vickas for a good price - I paid $225 per tyre - includes fitting, balancing and disposal of old tyres.

Here's the brochure on the tyres I picked up whilst waiting for them to put the tyres on. Only took about 45 mins and fairly friendly folks :spoton:

post-7129-128627793204_thumb.jpgpost-7129-128627797696_thumb.jpg

Here's are 3 fairly informative YouTube reviews of the tyres I found useful:

And here are the user reviews again (mainly UK but there is the occassional Aussie comment there):

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric - tyre reviews, the online tyre guide

:shocked:

Edited by EvilDaifu

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 18d

Just fitted Nitto NT05 245/35/19 to my FG and grip over the factory tyres as been very impressive, almost too impressive… They have taken a bit of the fun out of my car to be honest, feels like I have lost 100rwkw!!!

I fitted the tyres on Saturday morning and people who live in SEQ will know the weather wasn’t the best then.. However these tyres performed well above my expectations in the wet conditions as well.. At $380 a corner, so far I think they are great value and would highly recommend these tyres to anyone..

Ben