Etc Fault And Constant Stalling Fg Turbo

• Member For: 16y 18d

HI, I OWN AN FG TURBO UTE 08. I DECIDED A WHILE BACK TO BUY THIS INJECTORS AND FLASH TUNER PACKAGE FROM INTUNE MOTORSPORT. SINCE I INSTALLED THE INJECTORS AND LOADED THE TUNE I WAS GETTING STALLING AN ETC FAULTS. SO I GOT A CUSTOM TUNE THINKING THAT IT WAS JUST A DODGY TUNE HOWEVER THE PROBLEM STILL EXISTS. THE CARS BEEN IN FORD SEVERAL TIMES AND THERE ALL SCRATCHING THERE HEADS OVER THE ISSUE. TO ME IT SOUNDS LIKE THE TPS OR THAT IS AT LEAST WHAT THE FAULT IS TELLING ME BUT FORD WONT REPLACE IT UNLESS IT BRINGS A LOGGED DIAGNOSTIC CODE ON THE COMPUTER. IM FED UP WITH THE ISSUE AND JUST NEED A COUPLE A OPINIONS BEFORE GOING OUT AND BUYING THE TPS MYSELF

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

• Member For: 15y 8m 14d

Agh ... DON'T USE CAPS , makes it hard to read!!

Ford wouldn't know what to do with the car if it's got different injectors in it, I'm surprised they even looked at it under warranty. Take it to a reputable tuner to have the correct scalers put in for the injectors.

The problem is obviously with the injectors if you didn't have the problem before installation. If you want to rule out the TPS (which I doubt is a problem) return the car to stock including the injectors and see if the problem goes away.

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

ETC fault is due to the motor flooding maybe / overfuelling... ??

I parked my FG on a steep slope (about 30 degrees give or take a bit), front of car facing down the hill.

started the car, and ETC error kicked in.

drove it back onto the road, turned car off, turned it back on, and the error was gone.

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 29d

it still amazes me that you get injectors and a tune and when things go wrong you automatically blame the ford system.

If it was ok before you did it then you need to look at what was done first did you leave a wire off some where when the injectors were done.

Is there a vacumm leak around the injectors.

And as has been mentioned have the injectors been scaled right.

If these are ok then look at the ford section.

I know from experence that if the tps was causing this fault it should log a code.

Ian

• Member For: 16y 18d

the car brought up the etc fault when it had about 50kms on the clock, it just got worse after I put the injectors in. ive had the car tuned with a custom tune and it cleared up the issue a little better. although after I got it back from ford last week there the etc fault is a lot more rare just stalling reguarly I mean like 4 times over a 10km period. ford told me they had the injectors out and cleaned them but didnt say a word about them being siemens injectors haha they probably didnt even have them out

• Member For: 16y 1m 16d

My car does the same thing and has done since I had it moddified. Mine is most certainly a fueling issue as on cold start I get strong fuel smell and the car seems to stall in the same areas and under the same conditions. For example going down a big hill before a set of lights on the way to work, the car will ALWAYS stall or try to once I come to a stop.

Im not happy about it, but she runs perfectly other than that. The tune just needs a little attention I would assume you are having much similar problems.

• Member For: 21y 1m 14d

With the short time it takes to change injectors (1hr max) I'd put the oem ones back in and flash the standard tune in and go see Ford to fix, if the problem is still there.

Benny