Curious About My New Toy...

blujein

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 14d

Bluhein, please don't think we are taking the pi55. Well, we are, but in this forum you have to be prepared for a little of that. However, don't ever be afraid to post a question. You WILL NOT find a more helpful pack of people anywhere. We all share the same passion for a car that is just awsome.

So enjoy your toy. Respect it though, or it will kick you off big time.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 2d

I love to just spool up, then back off, then spool up again, then back off, like the V8 supercars on their warm up laps lol, Just to listen to it whistling and also to get that neck lash effect!!! :turboboink:

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 28d

Give it a week and it will be "how do I make my T sound like a turkey?"

• Member For: 14y 5m 14d

Okay, so now I think I'm being paranoid, but I've now got another concern regarding a noise the car is making (tragic, aren't I?)...

Along with the whistle, it's also making a 'wheezing' sound on acceleration. I'm assuming it's the turbo, but as I'm completely new to driving one, I've really got no idea. Is the turbo that "unusual" sounding in comparison to normal engines?

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 14d

Mate. You arent being paranoid. Yoyhve paid a packet for an item and of course you will worry. I worry about every creak and groan. Having said that you do NOT wanto get in my car. The induction/exhaust/wind up/flutter/kids whinging/stereo blaring. Its a nightmare.

Mate If you are seriously concerned, pop back to your dealer and ask the service manager to come for a ride. He will quickly explain what noises should and should not be there.

We will take the piss but if you are worried, get someone who knows in the car to put your mind at rest.

Then get it tuned and sh!t your pants first time you floor it. :roflmbo::roflmbo::roflmbo::roflmbo::roflmbo::roflmbo:

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 29d

If the wheeze is under load then it's all OK...just induction noise. Air particles going "oh no what the fck are we in for here"