Would You Consider This A Bit Rude?

hanra

• Into the laaaake
  • Member For: 17y 3m 13d

If a vehicle you sold almost a year ago appeared in the local paper for sale again, using a picture that you had taken of the car, which the new owner has used without asking permission? The photo has more then likely been copied from my Facebook profile. Also the current owner is using the same picture as his Facebook profile picture.

This is in regards to my old ute that has popped up again for sale for $30k, was $32k about 4-5 months ago, he used the same picture in the paper then to. I sold it for $23,500k, I believe its had a Nizpro Kit fitted to it?

This is the picture in question:

P6080036And2moretoned-1.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 13d

I can understand both sides, but I must admint if I could not take pictures, I would use yours as it is a good one.

• Into the laaaake
  • Member For: 17y 3m 13d

I dont care about the sell price, its more the principle of just asking first? My phone has been running hot all weekend with mates telling me my utes in the paper and he is using my photo..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 23d

I still get people calling and texting about my old ute that is on youtube. The now owner had taken a video of it when I was selling and it had my mobile number on the rear window!

I just dont reply to text messages and ignore numbers I dont know but does sh*t me...

• Member For: 17y 6m 7d

Once its out on the web it really isnt your property anymore mate, unless you have some kind of copyright thing going and you are a professional photographer.

Here is a couple of questions for you.

How do you think he feels about you having a photo of HIS ute on your facebook page? After all, that is his property now ( the ute that is).

Do you think he would take offence at you posting a pic of HIS ute in this thread?

Does the fact that you used to own it give you the right to post pics of it now that it is someone elses property?

Kinda cuts both ways, don't you think?

Edited by craiginmackay

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 6d

I think hes more referring to the pic in regards that he took the photo and not who owns the vehicle

In saying that its a damn good photo and in the same situation id use it too.