Speeding Fine.

tig

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 7d

Like I said, I've had a lot of traffic infringements and with the exception of one copper who gave me 2 fines and 2 yellow stickers (strange that. He has also pulled me over on 2 other occasions to search my car and left everything for me to clean up but his time will come...) my attitude has been fine. I get out of the car (very important to never let anyone speak down to you. Helps when your 6'6 and 120kgs lol), admit I was doing the wrong thing or that my car was too loud, hand over my license and away I go. I dont expect to get off and I never have.

Interestingly enough, admitting guilt and taking responsibility for your actions (we were all young once*) can work in your favour when it comes time to defend yourself. Trust me ;)

I'm not attacking anyone but it appears the police / ex police on many car forums cant seem to accept their co workers can do wrong.. Head out of the sand boys.

*Once you grow up a little, you realise choose the right time and place and you'll have no problems from joe public or the 5-0

Edited by Mat

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Under-garment member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 22d

In traffic cases, how a court so often takes the words of those who stand to personally gain from issuing infringements as gospel and passes judgement accordingly is truly beyond me. It's quite saddening to be honest.

Mate if you're being honest, and the individual responsible for this fine is one of the embarrassments to GD cops, the Police Service & humanity as a whole <snip> I think you have a good chance of success.

Best of luck to you.

Here is a little something that I hope lifts your spirits a little.

IMG_0424-1.jpg

Regards,

Kael.

Edited by tab

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 15d

In traffic cases, how a court so often takes the words of those who stand to personally gain from issuing infringements as gospel and passes judgement accordingly is truly beyond me. It's quite saddening to be honest.

Mate if you're being honest, and the individual responsible for this fine is one of the embarrassments to GD cops, the Police Service & humanity as a whole <snip> I think you have a good chance of success.

Best of luck to you.

Here is a little something that I hope lifts your spirits a little.

Wow they DO exist! I bet they're a collector's item. I'd be putting that in a frame. Those farkers probably hand out about 2 of those every century They're tighter than a nun's ...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 4d

Make sure you either have a lawyer or know fairly well how the court system works, how and when to present evidence, question witnesses and object things. I lost a case which I thought was easy as because I didn't know how things work.

Take it easy on the cops they were probably just trying to meat their daily fine quota, and on a slow day they got to make some up.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 1d

Im all for getting a lawyer as they will happily charge you several thousand dollers. A frind some time back took on 'unsafe reversing' and spent 5k for the privilage.

Again. Goodluck.

I.B.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 7d

I'd much rather spend 5K to prove im right and the police wrong than cop a $200 fine on the chin.

To some people, honesty is more important ;)

• Member For: 16y 1m 16d

have taken a fair few of my fines to court, and havent lost yet.

have the court place changed to the furtherest possible place you can justify from the attending policemans station. claim you live/moved to you mum place on the other side of the state if you have to. chances are then the actual police wont turn up, then its an easy victory as its your word against a police prosecutor that wasnt there.

the next best thing to do is get an independant evalution carried out on your speedo calibration as soon as you can to substanciate your claim that monitoring your degital read out was the correct thing to do.

best of luck.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 1d

I dont know what state your from but what you suggest is not possible for him. The court cannot move the matter to another court for your convienence and expect the police to travel to the other end of a state. The only time matters of this minor nature are moved to other courts are for sentencing, which means he must already be convicted.

Your also suggesting that he lie to have this request fulfilled and any such falsification on a court request is perjury.

To often people come on here without thinking (knowing) just to vent there spleans to achieve browny points, with advice such as yours being inherently dangerous. Go prove yourself elsewhere.

I.B.