18 Inch Mags

mattyb

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 9d

As many of you have prolly read, I'm looking for some new wheels. Sold my 20's, and was looking at some 19's, but am seriously considering getting some 18's for a bit more sidewall, and being a smaller tyre, I can spend the same as what I was going to spend on 19's and get a better set of wheels and tyres. Oppinions?

Fell free (do it or die, lol) to post up pics of your 18's on your car, so I can have a look-see. (also, if I run 18's I can drop her a bit later on and get that SL front and SSL rear look that looks sh*t hot.

Cheers guys.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 17y 6m 3d

I reckon that with the roads that we have to deal with in Central and Nth QLD, 18s are the best compromise between a good look and practicality. They are big enough that you can get a set of decent brakes under them if you upgrade down the track, but they have enough of a sidewall to provide a bit of give when cornering as well as when hitting the odd pothole. Whats more the tyres are a bit cheaper than a 19, as you have elluded to.

Problem is, the mag wheel companies seem to have a wider range of 19 and 20 inch rims available to suit the Falcon than 18s. At least that was the impression I got when I was looking around.

Have you found a wheel that you like in 18s?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 9d

I'm thinking of maybe going for a set of 'ricer' style or drift style rims, maybe in white (think it'd work well against the toxic.

• Member For: 17y 6m 3d

http://www.speedywheels.com.au/images/showroom/gtp-inferno-black.jpg

http://www.speedywheels.com.au/images/zoom/inferno-black.htm

I'm a fan of these and they are available in 18. I like the fact that you can get Brembos behind them and they look good on a Ford. Maybe not the most original style but I still like 'em. Probalby not my first choice if going for 19s (found some I like that aren't available in 18 but are in 19) but if you are going to go for 18s they aren't too bad.

With any of the bright colors ( toxic, Rapid, Octane,Bionic even white) I really like the black centre too.

Edited by craiginmackay

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 6m 26d

18s are the best compromise between looks and comfort. 19s are a bit too jiggly, but they look that little bit better. Mine came with 19s, so Im not complaining :)