Mt Baw Baw Cruise 2010

EvilDaifu

• Member For: 15y 5m 8d

Hmmm havnt thought about nizpro. I'll go have a chat with them. I know a forum member on te 5T forum has had alot of previous work don't on his I havnt dynoed it yet. But others have been getting about 180 at the wheels with the generic tune. Would e expecting 200+ with a custom.

Stripes gives it character :P

I'm not getting another black cat after my ve sv6. Too much cleaning for my

likeing not to mention it was a Expensive Daewoo lol

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 9m 4d

There is 32GB to sort through at this stage. roflmbo.gif

I was following behind your car for some time and would like to grab that raw footage if possible. Great setup you have.

The green FG with the standard number plate. After he wnet past we on the freeway after giving it a serve it popped at bit. Possibly cause its new.

Oh that's not good if it popped. But was it like a burble? That's normal from my understanding. The FG Turbos shut down three cylinders under high load wide-open throttle overboost gear changes to save the box. It shortens the torque-off and torque-back-on-time between changes. My previous FG XR6T did that too, but I guess I've never heard what it sounds like from the outside. There's a video here showing what it sounds like from the inside:

Paging bunna...

Great photos. Your shots bring out FG Dash colour really well.

Gary - the picture in your avatar looks suspiciously like a tangcla shot...

Edited by quirdan

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 13d

Quirdan, it was a definate sharp POP mate.

But all that other stuff I did not know. I though it was go juice in, bang, power, spinny wheely thing, power off and slow down. I guess that's why I am not a mechanic. lol

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 23d

not sure about the popping noise, I havent noticed anything like that, the only thing I get are the tough sounding pops when you down gear with the manual, my understanding was its excess fuel getting burnt off in the exhaust.

on that note, my brother had a VZ SS ute and was draging a BF XR6T, they got to 240Km/H out the back of Bendigo, my bro down geared to slow down... engine over fueled way too much, put too much fuel into the exhaust and both his middle mufflers detonated and blew the ass end of the exhaust straight out the back of the car... it was interesting explaining it to Holden!!!

I was in the car with him at the time, I have never heard a pop like that!!!

not sure if you guys know but I was having clutch issues on saturday, it smelt at the start of the cruise but was gone by the end, took it to Ford today and they said that because they cant replicate the fault theyre not going to pull the clutch out and have a look, well that sucks!!! what they did do was log the fault so if I do notice the problem again or if my clutch shoots out the side of the car (which I have seen a turbo charged torana with a 6ltr v8 do) it will be covered under warranty and replaced straight away because they knew about the problem earlier

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members

That is insane Rusty. INSANE. In the early 80s we used to do that be;iberately, youd power on, turn the ignition off pump the gas the start the car again all while moving. Youd get a loud BANG that would scare the sh1t out of everyone. We callit a whammy and it was common to to blow the mufflers to bits. Hate to admit this but we were usually in a marked police car at the time.

Mate my experience with Ford is they have a tolerance. For example with bushes, if they are cracked they wont replace, if broken they will. They probably know theres a fault but wont fix it until there is no go. But that's my cynicism. Youve done the right thing. Log it and then at 100,00ks when they finally tell you they found the fault you cant tell them to shove it up their clacker as the faault was there before.

How many Ks has the car done and what were the symptoms?

• Member For: 15y 5m 8d

Pops are normal during gear changes. The way someone explained it with my car is all the unused fuel during the change is thrown into the dump pipe and pops away due to the heat in the exhaust.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Mine pops like crazy >:) it's probably horribe for my cat. But I love it

• Donating Members

The car has done 7,000Km, on Saturday afternoon I was sitting at the lights on Stud Rd as usual with the trans in first and the clutch in ready to go, lights went green, I accelerated, eased the clutch out... and no clutch!!! the pedal stayed to the floor.

This was followed by a killer burnt clutch smell in the car, I popped the clutch back out with my foot and then put it back in and it all started working again, about 5km down the road I was sitting next to some guys and they said they have never seen an FG XR6T give it hell off the line, so I thought I would humour them! again the car didnt move (I felt so embarrassed)

So I took it to the car wash to get ready for the cruise (worrying like crazy that the clutch is F'd, trying to think about what I had done to it)washed the car and went home, the clutch was fine after the car wash.

On the cruise it was ok all morning, as we started to hit the twisties I got a faint smell of clutch and then after that it has all worked perfectly! I kept up with everyone on the way up and down without any slippages or clutch smell.

I thought I would check it last night, so I revved the engine to 3000rpm, dumped the clutch and the car went crazy and took off a million miles an hour as it usually does, no slippage or smells to be seen.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as you can imagine it is a new car and I am worried that there is something wrong

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members

From my limited knowledge (I'm a computer tech) mate your Hard drive is screwed and you need new RAM. OOps, sorry, wrong quote.

It sounds like the thrust bearting is sticking or the pressure plate is sticking. Now I'll stand corrected, you clutch isn't f**ked but eventually, it just wont work. Ford probably know its a fault that will correct itself, so you may be in the clear.

But others may know more. Just sounds liek a spring is not easing back.

Any ideas anyone? Maybe post the fault in the transmission thread? If its commons someone will have suffered from it.

• Donating Members

computer tech hey, I'm an applications engineer... small world.

I will post a thread in the trans section, see if anyone has seen this issue, I was thinking along similar lines to you Rudiger

Edited by EvilDaifu
prefer no identifying info in the public domain :)

• Member For: 14y 6m 27d

hey rusty my previous car (ford probe) did exactly what your xr6t did for awhile till it just stopped working all together and I couldnt put it in gear. I had to get my clutch replaced, clutch slave cylinder and master cylinder. The guy showed me the clutch when I picked the car up and it was hammered.

I mean there totally diff cars but the problem you described is exactly the same.

And rudiger yours was deff one of that very good sounding cars with the exhaust done, so loud on idle loved it. Hate it when pplz get the exhaust done and its quite on idle ya want it to rumble at lights when ya sitting there I reckon.

The FG's stock exhaust sounds way way better than the ba and bf's stock exhaust aswell I reckon