Slow Bf F6?

Robos F6

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 21d

I bought a BF F6 Auto about 6 months ago in ego and dark agents and I love it to death. However, I feel its not as quick as it should be but after coming from a 300rwkw R33 I knew it was going to feel slow. But I thought, low 13's wouldnt be too bad in a everyday cruiser.

Now the only mods to date is a K&N filter,UBP,new iridium spark plugs,oil change, new fuel filter, so nothing really.

For what I've read on the forums and 1/4 database, the quickest stock ones go from 12.8 and slowest maybe 13.5. I'd assume this would be around 5-5.5 to 100k's? Now ive done some testing, different days therefore different air and the best I can get is 5.9 seconds to 100, mostly around 6.0. I know my speedo is pretty accurate too and my stopwatch doesnt lie. I've tried manual mode, performance mode, 2-1 stall and all pretty much the same times. And to make matters worse, I had a little run with a VT LS1 clubby auto, it didnt sound much, but it was virtually neck and neck, so if that was stock, then that would probably do the same times as mine which they do.

Are there any other tests I can do to see whether I bought a lemon or not??? Obviously throw it on a dyno and see what she does??

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 18d

get it looked at and or dyno`d, you maybe have exhaust manifold and turbo fasteners that need nipping up, or something is not as it should be. Hot weather is like towing a caravan as you probably know. Go to a drag strip if you have one and see what it does..

Edited by _Spin_

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 9d

just drop a quick 5g on it and go from there :P

Under $3000 will have it more powerful than your skyline, $5000 will have you closer to 400rwkw (give or take). Tyres and tyre pressure come into it when you're talking .2 sec.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 28d

Isn't 0-100 in 6 seconds about right? And there is no was a stock VT Clubby would do that.

• Member For: 16y 18d

Interesting. It should do better than 6 seconds. Did you also turn off traction control? I did around 5.7 in a manual, and found turning traction control off helped me do the sprint a little faster. At how many rpms did you shift when in manual mode? I have noticed that performance auto revs too high (you wanna shift up at 5000rpm latest), and the shift from first to second is faster when you manually shift than just leaving it to performance auto mode.

The auto really comes into its own once the car is rolling... So maybe 0-100 isn't that flash...

I'll test mine out when I get a chance.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d

Do the Boost solinoid manitenance, make sure it is serviced correctly, put 98RON PULP fuel in it and have it in performance mode.

If you are timing it with a stop watch it is not very accurate, if you have someone in the car the added weight will affect the readings.

As mentioned put it on a dyno and see the power it is producing. Should be 230-260rwkw.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 21d

Done the boost solenoid maintenance but might do it again and I always put 98ron in.

Yeah I know its not 100% accurate but the best I have got is 5.9 and the slowest 6.1 out of about 15 attempts and yeah I do it myself so no extra weight.

• G666E Turbo!!!
  • Member For: 14y 8m 7d

your problem is the stopwatch!

my car feels slow as, yet 13.05 on the 1/4 says otherwise, even on video seems slow, stopwatch is very inaccurate, practice you rection times and that alone can be upto half a second off on the 0-100km/h also by the time you speedo shows 100km/h on the digi display your already going faster

try an accelerometer, gtech pro or even iphone (I used the iphone app, dynolicious when I was on the strip and it was 0.01 off the et!! and 2km/h that's very damn close and best of all its consistent)