Four Killed In Horror Smash

f-wolf

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 1d

I don't condone his actions at all but how often to you get the full story from the Internet?

I just think its abit much to be celebrating his death, that's all.

Not one person on here, inlcuing me knows the full story, but its funny how we all find it easy to write so much about it.

And with some other post the legalities of the pursuit have never been raised by anyone except youself, so it doesnt need justifying.

I.B.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 8m 5d

yes the idiot thief was to blame

yes the police need to look at the policy they adhere to when engaging in pursuits

for mine in 99.9% of cases id say let the crooks go its not worth risking innocent lives to catch a crim

would I want the lives of innocent people to be put in danger to catch someone who held a gun to my head - hell no they will ark up eventually and be caught

if its dangerous for me to do 65 in a 60 zone, how can anyone consider it safe for a cop to do 150 in a 60 zone, they dont have magic powers or superduper brakes that make them stop any quicker than I would.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 25d

No I really don't know what he means.

Don't worry I've been round long enough to know not get to involved in Police related threads.

• Just a large member member
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 4d

what does my head in.....is why do police even attempt to chase.....if the law is what it is...As if someone fleeing police is going to stop for lights ,or not exceed the speed limit...

More power should be given to the police in a car chase......I honestly believe if the police stayed with him through those intersections..Other drivers would of been aware of on coming danger...

From my personal experience...if I'm the first car at a set of lights and hear police sirens..I wont enter the intersection untill I've worked out what direction there coming from..

Otherwise when lights turn green I just go..dont look left or right...just hit the gas..

As if someone fleeing police is going to obey road rules after being chased for 5 minutes..

Just doesn't make sence to me....

• Member For: 19y 3m

yes the idiot thief was to blame

yes the police need to look at the policy they adhere to when engaging in pursuits

for mine in 99.9% of cases id say let the crooks go its not worth risking innocent lives to catch a crim

would I want the lives of innocent people to be put in danger to catch someone who held a gun to my head - hell no they will ark up eventually and be caught

if its dangerous for me to do 65 in a 60 zone, how can anyone consider it safe for a cop to do 150 in a 60 zone, they dont have magic powers or superduper brakes that make them stop any quicker than I would.

I'm sure you're just using the 150km/h in a 60 zone as an example? At least I hope you are... I doubt any cop would travel at those speeds in a 60 zone! The risk would be far too great. For peoples info, the roads travelled in this case were 100km/h and 80km/h zones. Secondly, police are trained in Urgent Duty Driving, which gives them a little more insight into driving cars, not just driving but also risk assessment etc.

what does my head in.....is why do police even attempt to chase.....if the law is what it is...As if someone fleeing police is going to stop for lights ,or not exceed the speed limit...

More power should be given to the police in a car chase......I honestly believe if the police stayed with him through those intersections..Other drivers would of been aware of on coming danger...

From my personal experience...if I'm the first car at a set of lights and hear police sirens..I wont enter the intersection untill I've worked out what direction there coming from..

Otherwise when lights turn green I just go..dont look left or right...just hit the gas..

As if someone fleeing police is going to obey road rules after being chased for 5 minutes..

Just doesn't make sence to me....

In this particular case, the crim was going to speed and drive dangerously regardless of the chase. So what are the police to do? Unfortunately if it's a stolen car they can't just log rego details and proceed by way of summons or any other means to gain justice for the offence. They initiate a pursuit in the hope that the offender will pull over (some do).. If crims know that cops won't give chase, then they'll simply run riot.

This particular crim enjoyed making the police initiate a pursuit, he got his kicks from it... If the cops didn't chase he'd still speed and drive dangerously because he did not care about any of the consequences.

Here's an idea, and although it won't stop all cars from being stolen, it might make it harder for crims. Perhaps all motorists, as part of the rego process should need to have a car fitted with an alarm and immobiliser. Sure some people may not be able to afford it, but just like being able to afford new tyres or keeping a car roadworthy is should be factored in.

Who knows what the answer is, all I know is that I feel sorry for the police, they are literally damned if they do, or damned if they don't. If they didn't give chase to a speeding, drunk, (or whatever) motorist and that motorist killed an innocent family 1km up the road, the police would be crucified for NOT chasing... go figure.

Edited by JimmyXR6T04

• Member For: 18y 3m 26d
JimmyXR6T04
Here's an idea, and although it won't stop all cars from being stolen, it might make it harder for crims. Perhaps all motorists, as part of the rego process should need to have a car fitted with an alarm and immobiliser. Sure some people may not be able to afford it, but just like being able to afford new tyres or keeping a car roadworthy is should be factored in.

I can understand where you are coming from.. However.... An alarm and immobiliser is only as good as the installation..... It would only end up like the governments insulation scheme... With a load of shonky workmanship done by back yard try hards...

• Member For: 19y 3m

I can understand where you are coming from.. However.... An alarm and immobiliser is only as good as the installation..... It would only end up like the governments insulation scheme... With a load of shonky workmanship done by back yard try hards...

That might be true, but it could be regulated so that only certain qualified people can install etc.. But I agree, if it's anything like the insulation fiasco, then it would not make a difference.

• Member For: 15y 8m 5d

I'm sure you're just using the 150km/h in a 60 zone as an example? At least I hope you are... I doubt any cop would travel at those speeds in a 60 zone! The risk would be far too great. For peoples info, the roads travelled in this case were 100km/h and 80km/h zones. Secondly, police are trained in Urgent Duty Driving, which gives them a little more insight into driving cars, not just driving but also risk assessment etc.

In this particular case, the crim was going to speed and drive dangerously regardless of the chase. So what are the police to do? Unfortunately if it's a stolen car they can't just log rego details and proceed by way of summons or any other means to gain justice for the offence. They initiate a pursuit in the hope that the offender will pull over (some do).. If crims know that cops won't give chase, then they'll simply run riot.

This particular crim enjoyed making the police initiate a pursuit, he got his kicks from it... If the cops didn't chase he'd still speed and drive dangerously because he did not care about any of the consequences.

Who knows what the answer is, all I know is that I feel sorry for the police, they are literally damned if they do, or damned if they don't. If they didn't give chase to a speeding, drunk, (or whatever) motorist and that motorist killed an innocent family 1km up the road, the police would be crucified for NOT chasing... go figure.

Yeah the 150 in a 60 zone was just a random number, my point still stands though all the urgent duty training in the world wont make a car pull up faster no matter who is behind the wheel.