Tps Unit Replaced

• Member For: 17y 5m

I think you are on a " Winner ". :bangcomputer:

Delivery and Handling:

Handling on all foreign orders is $24.95 per order.

http://www.summitracing.com/customerservice/faqs/

Edited by RHR
No need to quote above post. Fast reply should be used

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 17d

Mine car will run fine and then for no reason,stall while driving.TPS?

Also it will run rough and not go over 3000rpm.Turn the car off and on again and its fine.TPS?

This car is a lemon.... :bowdown:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 20d

Ok guys, I replaced my TPS with the revised one ($190 genuine), and everything went okay for about 2 days. Now, on start up the car idles at 1250 instead of 750, and when I change gears (6sp man) the revs spike. When I put the clutch in to pull up at the lights, the throttle light comes on and she starts coughing, so I restart. After this restart, she drives perfectly until I need to turn off again when I get to work or whatever. So on start up it buggers up, then after a restart its fine. Really annoying! I'm thinking either when I washed it I got water somehwere it shouldn't be, I need to clean the TB, or the air/fuel mix isnt right after putting the PW Stage 3 cooler on (mind you I got a tune after). Any help would be great!

$%$#

Try this.

Disconnect battery .. Earth -, leave it for say 10 Min. Reconnect Battery. Turn on Ignition but do not start. Push down Acc to the floor and count to 15. Turn ignition off... start engine and see how you go.

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 1d

^^^ mine was doing this - idling at 1250, revs spiking when changing gears etc.. its booked to go in today to get the TPS replaced under TSB 97R/04 which hopefully will fix the issues...

it runs fine sitting at the lights except sitting on 1250rpm but had coughed and cut out twice so far.. runs perfect after a restart as well..

havent washed under the bonnet or anything, stock car stock tune so hopefully the TSB TPS replacement will sort it..

seeing as the TB needs to be removed to install the TPS, is it safe to assume the 'trained mechanics' at Ford will clean it while its off seeing as its a known possible cause of this issue, or do I need to explicitly tell them .. whats the bet they try and charge for it as well haha

• 12" member
  • Donating Members

according to teh TSB htey are supposed to remove it??

"THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR (POTENTIOMETER) REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE

1. Ensure engine is warm to allow easier removal of TPS fasteners.

2. Remove throttle body from vehicle as specified in workshop manual Chapter 303-01a for I6, 303-01b for 3V V8 or 303-01c for 4V V8.

"

• 12" member
  • Donating Members

well ford refused to fix it and wanted $190+gst + min 2 hours labour to replace it so you can guess what I told them to do with their TPS..

bought a new one from an auto parts place down the road for $150 and fitted last night.. 1st drive didnt seem to fix it so disconnected the battery and will try again this afternoon..

is cleaning the TB something that's easy to do with the TB on the car??? I dont have all the hex heads etc and had to borrow a mates to remove the old TPS etc... whats the best to use on the TB to clean it?

Re

1st drive didnt seem to fix it so disconnected the battery and will try again this afternoon..

Did you do this.

Disconnect battery .. Earth -, leave it for say 10 Min. Reconnect Battery. Turn on Ignition but do not start. Push down Acc to the floor and count to 15. Take your foot off the pedal turn ignition off... start engine and see how you go.

The above will reset the Acc system.