Tps Unit Replaced

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 1d

Had a look at Manho's car on sat'd turned out the Accelerator Pedal Position sensor is throwing out bulk codes and not doing what it should. The rough running and elevated revs at idle is a limp mode reaction to the dodgy feed back from the pedal.

We put it down to the fact that in all the time Ross has owned the car its never been over 1/4 throttle, that was until he lent it too his Mum. The car obviously freaked out over the way Ross's Mum drives :buttrock: and now its in limp mode. :pooh:

Accel pedal sensor looks like a biacth to replace as the pedal box assembly has to come out to remove it :blink:

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3d

What error code is associated with the Accelerator Pedal Position sensor?

Edited by XtRmn8

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

I couldnt tell you the all codes at the moment as im away for work and dont have the log but IIRC the car was throwing:

P2105 Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Engine Shutdown

it was also throwing a code (i forget the DTC) for forced rpm/speed limit via ETC

and a code for Accelerator A/D Sensor out of range/error.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 10m 7d

Hi All

I have currently replaced my TPS on my BA turbo ute and still have the reving problem and stalling, when pulling upto a set of lights or doin a slow lazy gear change, I am considering changing the whole throttle bottle and possibly the sensor under the peddle, do you still believe this is the problem causing the issue or could it be caused by some other issue.

Cheers

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

Unfortunatly despite the acc pedal sensor codes that where being thrown out by Ross's car, it turned out that and airleak between the upper Plenum and manifold was the cause, It probably wouldnt hurt to start there before throwing anymore parts at your car

cheers

Luke

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 20d

My thing is driving good again for some reason. I think after I tightened all of the IC pipes when changing the coolant, an air leak might have been fixed up. Anyway we'll see how we go. Thanks for the ideas guys :bangcomputer:

• 2 years later...
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 12y 2m 4d

Can a faulty TPS allow the car to hold vehicle speed when getting off the accelerator pedal and in some cases after slowing to 30kmh/r odd and getting off the brakes the car will slowly make it's way up to speed again under it's own steam,no pedal input at all.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 24d

Usually any issues with the TPS will put the car into limp mode before it allows it to lose control of the throttle...

Were you going downhill?