Atomic Motors (Merged Topic).

hsv eater

• F6+300+
  • Member For: 19y 10m 12d
How nosiey are atomic short engine  done 750km still there giving me the sh*ts 1500rpm to3000rpm just rattes like some thing not right in there pulled rocker cover to make sure it was't the timing chain but all good in there

Get Used to it :blink::spoton:

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 13d

Make sure you let it warm up by idling before you drive it otherwise you may oval your pistons prematurely. Something I was told and abide by.

there was another thread on this - interestingly enough, a couple of the boys at the dyno day I was at on Saturday listened to my motor after I had been giving it a few joy rides and it is as quiet as - couldn't tell the difference between it and a standard one.

Although, my start-up noise has gotten progressively worse as it has gotten older - now has 2000kms on it but the noise is now no worse than it was at 1000kms old.

It will be interesting to see what the change to 10w-60 synthetic Castrol Edge does to the noise in a week.

Edited by F6 RAPID

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 12d

It will be interesting to see what the change to 10w-60 synthetic Castrol Edge does to the noise in a week.

I can tell you right now what differance it will make shano, it will make it louder. :nono:

Its the pistons.

Make sure you let it warm up by idling before you drive it otherwise you may oval your pistons prematurely. Something I was told and abide by.

there was another thread on this - interestingly enough, a couple of the boys at the dyno day I was at on Saturday listened to my motor after I had been giving it a few joy rides and it is as quiet as - couldn't tell the difference between it and a standard one.

Although, my start-up noise has gotten progressively worse as it has gotten older - now has 2000kms on it but the noise is now no worse than it was at 1000kms old.

I have found that oil does make a big differance to engine noise to quieten them I use a german 5w60 ows oil @ $25 per litre not cheap but the best imho!

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 12d
hiddeous had some success with using different oil, I forget what oil he picked though. He reckons the noise is barely noticible now.

think he used royal purple, the pistons in my current engine are so quite its like a stocker. once it warms up that is. I dont move the car until its upto operating temp.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 28d

Royal Purple 5w30. made a big difference. its only audible now between aprox 1250 to 1500rpm with no load. I put there Syncromax gearbox oil in the t56 and the difference in shift quality between that and transmax Z is amazing. The box is much nicer to drive with the Royal Purple Syncromax. The down side is that gearbox is noiser at idle...(in fact its so loud you can hear the piston noise... :nono: )

:spoton:

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 13d

I can tell you right now what differance it will make shano, it will make it louder. :tease:

Its the pistons.

:spoton: Geezus.......

How about Shell Rimula X Diesel Oil??????? :nono: