Atomic Motors (Merged Topic).

hsv eater

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 27d
I just put a rod out tonight. The crap thing was that for the last 2 odd months since my prang ive been driving like a nanna. It happened at 50kph.Ford sh*t. Im gunna see if my 1uzfe will fit, least I know it wont break. So what number am I?

And here I was thinking I’m the unluckiest bastard alive :msm:

Sorry to hear turtle, must be about time you traded the old girl in though.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 2d
As I stated there has been some go with less than 300rwkw's so to answer your question there is one rule to it.

That rule is it will happen but who knows when.

Ian

So regardless of how good our tunes and afrs might be, we're all sitting on a ticking time bomb?? :msm: and just when I thought my gearbox was the only thing I had to worry about.

that's about it.

Ian

:idunno:

• Member For: 19y 3m 1d

there's no way I'm interested in forking out another 10-15k for engine/gearbox combo :sleepystuff: it'll be sitting in the garage for a while if anything happens to it... arggh, I could live with the gearbox and upgrade that... but f*cked if I wanna do the engine :smilielol:

Ian,

in your professional opinion, do you think the motor of these cars will be relatively ok if treated softly? I don't drive my car hard at all, with only the occasional full WOT maybe once a week if that! Do you think driving it normally will have any ill effects?? Or is it only when you really give it a go?

Edited by JimmyXR6T04

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 30d
there's no way I'm interested in forking out another 10-15k for engine/gearbox combo  :sleepystuff: it'll be sitting in the garage for a while if anything happens to it... arggh, I could live with the gearbox and upgrade that... but f*cked if I wanna do the engine  :smilielol:

Ian,

in your professional opinion, do you think the motor of these cars will be relatively ok if treated softly? I don't drive my car hard at all, with only the occasional full WOT maybe once a week if that! Do you think driving it normally will have any ill effects?? Or is it only when you really give it a go?

Depending what power you make mine let go slowing down for a around about.

What power do you make if you do not push it might hold together for longer.

Ian

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 19d
there's no way I'm interested in forking out another 10-15k for engine/gearbox combo  :spoton: it'll be sitting in the garage for a while if anything happens to it... arggh, I could live with the gearbox and upgrade that... but f*cked if I wanna do the engine  :nono:

Ian,

there have been 2 stock cars on aff (ford forums) that have let go... so could let go at any power figure :fool:

• Member For: 19y 3m 1d
there's no way I'm interested in forking out another 10-15k for engine/gearbox combo  :laughing: it'll be sitting in the garage for a while if anything happens to it... arggh, I could live with the gearbox and upgrade that... but f*cked if I wanna do the engine  :gooff:

Ian,

Depending what power you make mine let go slowing down for a around about.

What power do you make if you do not push it might hold together for longer.

Ian

Car is making 304rwkw.. I really don't drive it hard, I probably take it to 4500+rpm once or twice a week if I'm lucky! and usually that's only a quick squirt then I back off. Most of my driving is kept under 3000rpm and I don't stomp on the go pedal all that often.. can't afford to lose my licence :blush:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 19d
mine must be a good one,

3 years of constant quarter mile running and she still feels like new. both the auto and the motor,

David

im with ya on that, we must have good ones :smilielol: (tunes that is :blush: )