Atomic Motors (Merged Topic).

hsv eater

• Member For: 13y 2m 26d

Nothing wrong with spool products, that short engine looks really good and good value for money,I didn't realise they had girdles available for barra engines as well. Just not a fan of those heavy H beam rods apart from that looks the goods.

• Member For: 12y 3m 22d
Sounds like you've already convinced yourself that atomic is the way to go and nothing that anyone says will change your mind.

Seems to me like the thread is a waste of time.

I wouldnt say a waste of time mate just if im going to spend upwards of 20k I like to get as many facts as I can about the product

out of this thread and another member I have found im going to need 14mm head studs a 360 degree thrust bearing on the crankshaft I may have troubles with the atomic flexplate if I decide to use it so from all this I have learned a lot which I didnt previously know

• Member For: 21y 5m 21d

So who recommended a full grooved shell on the main cap. I don't see it a problem as I never see mains with much wear but still would like to examine a hard worked engine with this setup.

I would also like to see the bigend bearing that this main supplies oil to after alot of hard work.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 13d
I wouldnt say a waste of time mate just if im going to spend upwards of 20k I like to get as many facts as I can about the product

out of this thread and another member I have found im going to need 14mm head studs a 360 degree thrust bearing on the crankshaft I may have troubles with the atomic flexplate if I decide to use it so from all this I have learned a lot which I didnt previously know

You're not spending my cash so go nuts! :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 3m 6d

Buy 3 FPV f6 engines, spend the remained of the money working all 3 all the same. Push for 500RWKW on each engine. When one blows, you got 2 others for spare?

I was just going to buy an FG xr6 turbo engine and manifold, put all my gear on it, and go for 16PSI and hoping for like 380 - 420 RWKW.. I Might be a bit optimistic there lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dragons Lair Motorsport
  • Member For: 13y 1m 8d

Interesting read! Just to clear a few things up, DLM-Spec motors are built by DLM & NOT Atomic anymore, we may from time to time use minimal Atomic gear in our motors eg. Vernier Gears etc... We did go through a period that Atomic was building our DLM Motors to our specifications, however this relationship has ended for various reasons that I will not discuss on the forum! We utilize our own rods and pistons with custom one off specs if we have to to achieve our goals, we have the most advanced cylinder head program in Australia and on our barra motors as a whole, our cylinder head program is fully digitized and custom tailored to our needs for each specific motor that we produce! We have not had one failure since we started doing the work our selves and it is important to note that we have the most powerful 6 cylinder Ford motor on the planet by far!! Our combination is also the fastest 1/4 mile car in the country built to our specs and utilizing our external power adders in combination form to achieve these results, this is a clear indicator that we do not require anyone apart from our known associates to achieve these results. The results gentleman do speak for themselves, and you will not find Atomic mentioned on our website for quite some time now!

Cheers

DLM

• Like 4