Comp Cover .7

AIM-300

• SUPERLAP 2011
  • Member For: 17y 5m 25d

hey guys about to go through the process of fitting a .7 comp cover to my low mount factory gt35r in my bf ute. Now I have seen alot of you have done it so I was wondering if those of you who have can post up some pics showing how you have run your pipework from the turbo to the filter mounted where the battery tray is. My main point of concern is getting around the ps pump. Cheers adam

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 9d

Gday mate.

I havent done this but am thinking of getting it done. Could you possibly tell me why you want to go to the bigger cover? I know your probably after more power (arent we all) but just wondering what other benefits your looking for.

Cheers.

• Member For: 18y 3m 23d

hi mate,I already had the nizpro pipe and air box,so all I did was trim the pipe back and used a 100mm 45degree silicone elbow!!it clears the power steering quite easily.

cheers lee

• SUPERLAP 2011

any pics you can show me dalts?

rudiger, the reason im goin .7 is more power up top aswell as moving it deeper in the rev range, im in a ute so as it is now its kinda peaky at low rpm so hoping with the .7 is will come on slightly later aswell

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 30d

You can get the .7AR cover with the stock sized 3inch inlet, wont really change power from a 4inch inlet on the stock turbo

• SUPERLAP 2011

so... I fitted my .7 comp cover and I must say after all the stuffin around, it would have been so much easier if I had a guide. unfortunately by this time the car was assembled and I hadnt taken any progress pics.

having said that I will go through the basics incase anyone else runs into any problems

what you will need... the new compressor cover, the new backing plate to suit, the new clamping plates for the new cover, 2.5" 90degree elbow, spanner set, socket set, 90degree circlip pliars, 90degree 4" silicon bend, stainless 90 degree 4" bend grinder with cutting wheel and a stanley knife

1. remove all your old intercooler and intake pipework running to your turbo.

2. loosen all the compressor cover bolts evenly till theyre all free ( the factory ones on the .5 comp cover are in 2 lots of 3 where the new ones will most likely be in 3 lots of 2 bolts.)

3. remove the compressor cover from the turbo unit, being carefull of the compressor wheel

4. infront of you there will be a backing plate which will have had the comp cover clamped to it, on the back of the you will see the mother of all circlips holding the backing plate to the turbos core. with a pair of 90 degree circlip pliars, find the biggest person you know and have them remove the circlip. (the circlip is increadibly resistant thus the need for someone with guns to remove it)

5. once the circlip has been removed, the old backing plate will come free and slide over the compressor wheel.

6. grab the backing plate for the .7 cover and slide it into place and reinsert the circlip with said big gunned friend.

7. now in the process of doing this I also put a custom oil drain on. though this is not necessary, I did and if you too are going to fit another oil drain the time is now as once the new compressor cover goes on there will be bugger all room to get to it.

8. now that the backing plate is on it is time to fit the new comp housing. slide it gently over the compressor wheel and onto the backing plate.

9. with your new compressor housing and backing plate you should also have obtained some new clamping plates (unsure what the official name for those are but yeah, you know what I mean) fit them to the new comp cover so as to hold the cover in place

10. manouver your new housing to roughly the same position as your old housing and nip the bolts up in the housing.

11. now when fitting this kit I was also using a process west hot side kit so all I had to do was replace the 90 degree 2.5 to 2in reducer with a 90 degree 2.5in bend cut down to suit. now that takes care of the fitting of the cover and hot side pipework, all that is left to do is make up a new intake. have fun with that, I used the 4" silicon and 4" stainless cut right back to mount my filter in my custom battery tray box.

any questions, just post up and if I have missed anything please point it out as I would hate to lead anyone astray.

cheers adam

• SUPERLAP 2011

so initial results seem positive

we had a little time on the dyno yesterday to check things were safe for the moment before we go leaning on it and this is basicly what we found

initially we were making around 380odd rwkw at tyres on to 20psi with the .5 comp cover on a 28degree day. since putting the .7 comp cover on and the process west hot side, we are now making the same power on 17psi, on a 37.5 degree day. now that's a massive difference in ambient temp aswell a a fair reduction in boost to make the same power, so overall im impressed and looking forward to bumping the boost back up and giving it a thorough tune and see if we can crack 400rwkw. we are all quietly confident though its now just finding time when my tuner isnt swamped to sort it out. there are a few things we have left to play with so I will keep this updated when ever we progress with anything

overall I would say money well spent. :nono: