Radar Detectors <merged Topic>

OwnaXR6T

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 22y 12d

Since then I spoke to a excop mate who informed me of a trick they use it goes like so..

If working in a 60km zone get a lock from a 80km zone at 75km/ph so then you can still look at you radar getting a speed of oncoming vehciles, then for example someone is doing 65km/ph you pull them over tell them they are doing 75km/ph but being Mr Good Guy you will book them for under 15km instead of over 15km/ph, Driver says that can't be right I was doing 65km/ph, then they say have a look at the screen (that had been locked at 75km/ph earlier).

So it's court for me to try & save my lively hood with not much chance of winning.

I radars should have a time of lock on them to avoid this from happening.

Good luck with your attempt.

Muzza.

This was a very common ploy some years ago. I can very well remember some "friends" in the HWP (I used to look after their vehicles at the dealership where I worked) bragging about this on many occasions. But it was years ago and I am led to believe (from Plonky and others) that this can no longer be done ... something about the unit self-resets after some small amount of time.

However for anyone who has suspicions that this type of tom-foolery may have been used, a subpoena of the two or three previously isued infringement notices would be a good idea.

• No V6 for me thanks!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 16d

So it's court for me to try & save my lively hood with not much chance of winning.

I radars should have a time of lock on them to avoid this from happening.

Good luck with your attempt.

Muzza.

Sorry to hear of your predicament Muzza – I’d offer to trade you a few of my demerit points if I could spare any :idunno:

Thanks Tab....

"This was a very common ploy some years ago. I can very well remember some "friends" in the HWP (I used to look after their vehicles at the dealership where I worked) bragging about this on many occasions. But it was years ago and I am led to believe (from Plonky and others) that this can no longer be done ... something about the unit self-resets after some small amount of time.

However for anyone who has suspicions that this type of tom-foolery may have been used, a subpoena of the two or three previously isued infringement notices would be a good idea."

A hand full of Subponea's will be lodged next week once I get a court date.

Stress Sux!!

Muzza.

Edited by Muzza

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 21d

good luck with it.

I had an instance last year where the copper said I failed to indicate when changing lanes ( I knew he was behind me so that was bullsh*t). he then said I have video footage, so I asked to see it, when he showed me the glare from the sun on the rear of the car showed nothing, I argued how can you tell with that light and he said well take it to court, so I got back in the car and he came over and tried to fine me and I wound up the window and said 'see you in court', he didnt like that, anyway 3 months later after alot of crap it turns out the video showed me indicating on a larger screen. moral of the story is to get the video of them becasue if I had not fought this I would have lost my licence,

• Member For: 19y 11m 28d
good luck with it.

I had an instance last year where the copper said I failed to indicate when changing lanes ( I knew he was behind me so that was bullsh*t). he then said I have video footage, so I asked to see it, when he showed me the glare from the sun on the rear of the car showed nothing, I argued how can you tell with that light and he said well take it to court, so I got back in the car and he came over and tried to fine me and I wound up the window and said 'see you in court', he didnt like that, anyway 3 months later after alot of crap it turns out the video showed me indicating on a larger screen. moral of the story is to get the video of them becasue if I had not fought this I would have lost my licence,

Interesting post.

I asked the cops for the video footage, which I was told – no problems we will send it to your local police station for you to view it. I have now been told I’m not allowed to see it, because its part of the pricy act and its for police viewing only. (Bull sh*t)!

It seems they have something to hide, because why would they say that, when the reason the cameras were installed in the cars, is to confirm what happen for both party’s?

It seems that these cops will try any tactic to book people. :yay::spit:

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 8d

You are entitled to view this ffotage and also have access to all the maintenance records and qualifications of the operator. You may need help from a lawyer and get this info supeoned via a court. You can keep delaying your court date until this info is made available. If the police drag it on, you can file for dismissal due tot he police not giving you the evidence to prepare your defence.

I have hear a lot of people request a heap of info from the police and then after 2 court date changes and waiting 6 months for the info, get off as the magistrates get annoyed that people cannot defend themselves due to the slow process of gaining this evidence form the police.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 18y 22d

Hi,

Im looking around at radar detectors for obvious reasons, does anybody know exactly what type of detection you need for australian roads? laser ? radar? etc.?

there is some australian sellers selling them for $500 + but if you go on ebay you can get them on ebay for $100 US and even cheaper if you buy them from the UK.

does anybody know if these models will work here?

Im sure there is a few people in here who know

cheers

wes

• XR68UZ
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 13d

radar detectors can be picked up by the police, and then you'll be in *$#^* I think there is a wa supplier who sells the newest undetectable ones, but I cant remember the name

• Member For: 19y 3m 4d

Illegal, Illegal.... just asking for trouble with Radar detectors in Aus. AS far as I know that are absolutly detectable by the police. I have heard stories of them pulling cars apart at the side of the road to find where they might be hidden and leaving you to tidy uo the mess (as well as a nice fine) when they find them. Even if you are a genius at stealth and they can not actully find the unit - they will book you.

My advice - do not spend the money on one of these as it will cause you more grief the it is worth.