Radar Detectors <merged Topic>

OwnaXR6T

Guest newl
  • Guests

I've had normal (top of the range) detectors. They're crap when you actually spend the big bucks on a real setup. Love my DSI Stinger. The parking sensors work a treat on the new lidar based cameras. :spoton:

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 8d

Having a concealed unit is the best way to go. I have seen several units that could not be discovered unless you pulled the front bar off.

THIS unit would be my weapon of choice as it offers complete protection including laser jamming. It is a bit pricy @US$1500

THIS one looks like a GPS and has all the bells for US$650

• Member For: 14y 2m 24d

For everyone getting there knickers in a knot, I live in W.A where there legal. Im not trying to go flat stick everywhere and not get caught, all my fines were me doing under 10km"s over the limit. Which to me is not a massive deal. I'm just looking for a detector that will give me a few seconds warning before I get flashed. Doesn't need to be top shelf FBI undercover spaceship sh*t.

Edited by Brods

• Banned
  • Member For: 15y 3m 5d

LOL.

well how much you looking to spend? The bel sti is the only undetectable one on the market which could avoid later regulations imposed.

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 12y 8m

My mate Dave (actually his real name!!) got caught with a detector he bought from Hawaii in February in Sydney. In a Porsche 997 Carrera 4s. In bumper to Bumper traffic on the M7. Highway patrol going opposite way pulled a u-bolt (with smoke!!) and nosed in front of him. Asked "Do you have a radar detector?". Dave sheepishly replied "Umm, Yes.." Plod replied, "Get it out now or I,ll tear your car apart to find it." Dave handed it straight over. Even though Dave is mid 50,s with an immaculate record, Cams licence, and only drives fast on tracks in his race Porsche, he lost 9 points & copped a $1300 fine. Nearly had his car ripped apart as well. Dont know what model detector it was as we were falling on the floor laughing when he finally got to Sanddown, but that $185 bargain all of a sudden didnt look so sweet!!!! Daves a builder not some silver spoon toff either so dont hate him.. Leave it for the circuit or the drags lads, lets not bring any more heat on us than we need.....

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 21d

Heard about similar before in the states.. Apparently cops over there have Radar Detector Detectors.. So it wouldn't surprise me it made it across the big ocean..

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 21d

The sad answer is yes... And you can even apparently get them hooked up so they shut down your radar detector when they sense a cop within range.

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 2d

I've never had a problem ;)