Textralia Clutches

lozza

• Member For: 15y 1m 13d

U just tell Tex what the application the clucth is doing an they build one to suit your needs . So u can ask them to make it to suit 500 600 kw if u want to

Edited by tray_182005

• Member For: 14y 8m 24d

Ah that's awesome. I looked at the exo-skell twin plate I think it is. Rated 400rwkw and 1700nm torque So that should suit me just fine :) Not aiming much over 330 and 1200 on stock internals.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 11d

Hey guys (btw I'm not the Doug from NPC clutches). I'm running a tex twin plate which I'm pretty happy with, even though I spend a fair bit of time in traffic.

Only gripes are that its pretty noisy (but that's ok, more noise the better) and it's starting to shudder a bit. Does anyone else get any shudder?

• Member For: 17y 6m 1d

I dont commute in the city everyday but I drive alot around town, but that's at lesuire.

SOme may find this a bit controversial but its my opinion and I am sticking to it.

I had one of these textralia exoskeleton clutches fitted to my old ute. I wouldn't recommend them for a street car unless you are pulling huge power and cant find anything else to hold it in your budget, or it is a race/strip car only.

While they are a bullet proof clutch that will hold stupid levels of power, I wouldn't call the Tex clutch a leisurable thing to use, especially in suburban traffic.

Shuddering was an issue from time to time if you didn't get the revs right on take off. It would also squeal like a pig as it took up, which was kind of embarrassing in some circumstances. I had people waiting at pedestrian crossings at traffic lights jumping back a few times due to the squealing, and lots of dirty looks.

Clutch pedal is as heavy as I have felt in a car, to the point where if I were driving wearing shoes with not much cushioning, I would end up with sore left toes and balls of feet if cruising around changing gears a lot.

Its a clutch that takes a lot of commitment to use. If that's the type of clutch you want, then get it.

But if you want something that will hold 330RWKW in a road car with something that acts a bit more like the standard clutch, I would probably wait for that option 5 or even opt for a Option 3+.

If I had my time over I would have installed a different clutch. In fact I have purchased a different clutch to fit to my new baby when the time to mod comes. I will be chasing the same power as you seem to be after. 300-350RWKW.

Edited by craiginmackay

• Member For: 16y 1m 3d

I dont like bad mouthing any products but I must say the experience iv had with my text twin plate clutch has been nothing but pathetic.. after 3000ks my ute went back to have a different material fitted because the shudder n the squeal was joke! 5000ks later after the new material had been fitted the ute had to go back for new plates because it was slipping!!

The manor this clutch drives in would have been acceptable and something I would have put up with if it actually did last! In the this time my ute had seen the drags once and other then that was babied around as my daily driver 90% of the time.

Iv spoken with many other guys running these same clutches and they think they are great!

But like I said this is just my experience with my clutch and if I had the money I would defiantly be looking at something like the opt5

• Member For: 17y 5m 12d

Well I will just keep plodding along with my Mal Wood Option 5.

Daily drive all over Sydney, three times a Month to the Circuit and now done over 60,000km.

- No shudder, no noise and no heavy Boot to drive it!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 11d

It's strange, a lot of guys really rate the tex clutches over on the LS1 forums (aka the dark side). They just don't seem to get along with falcons.

That's not to say I don't rate mine though :3gears: