Fpv To Supercharge New 5.0-Litre V8 To Give Ford A Power Boost To Riva

ZAP

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d

The chances of your GS getting a GT tune, is about as likely as your T getting a F6 tune.....

How many people have managed to get their dealer to do it ? :icon_ford:

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 3d

But the F6 and XR have different engine components? Forget dealers, tuners should be all over it, flashbox with a stock GT tune, 10mins work?

Im sure a workshop with a bit of know how can get them selves a stock GT tune for the GS's. Quick flash and your all set.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 29d

They didn't in the BF (except for the bigger intramacooler)

But then if anyone did manage to get it re-flashed are they likely to say anything?

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 16d

The chances of your GS getting a GT tune, is about as likely as your T getting a F6 tune.....

How many people have managed to get their dealer to do it ? :buttonit:

I knew a service tech that would do it for $50. :icon_ford:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 29d

GS and GT engines are identical - PCM software have different part numbers. Why would you bother for 20kw when a custom tune would bring you more?

Edited by bunna

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

I agree. Either way would void warranty I'd think, you may as well jump in head first! Then smash out some 11's with a bit of luck and some slicks @_@ hehehe

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 3d

Its not 20rwkw though according to the press car figures, more like 50rwkw at worst, not bad for a stock tune. I think that's a pretty good gain for something that comes from the factory, will be a simple procedure and I still think you could argue/play dumb your way to keeping warranty. Just claim it was running rough a while back and you asked Ford for a quick flash and wipe any error codes, so they must have f*cked up.

I agree with a tune though for some owners such as most here, im sure theres heaps left in the engine, so GS owners will get huge gains with GT owners not picking up as much. I also think there will be a be market for GS owners who are not after a "custom tune" just the FPV factory GT tune. My Dad would not go out and get a custom tune, but if someone told him he could get the same engine as the model above for a small outlay, and relevantly little risk it would be a different matter. Im not a tuner/workshop owner so couldn't comment on price or procedure but surely its going to be a cheaper option and take really no time at all.

• Member For: 15y 12d

I think it's about time people started considering that the dyno figures may not be right. I've been operating Dyno's for over 15 years and unfortunatly most are all to easy to fudge the figures or are just not accurate to start with. Honestly who really believes that an engine with 335 kW is going to make 330 kW at the wheels? I have read posts on all forums where similar claims have been made, stock XR6 turbo's with no drive train losses, or better still making more at the wheels than Ford is claiming at the engine, WOW! The reality is that Ford and Expensive Daewoo and many other manufacturers use techniques to produce favourable output figures. You don't even have the power it says on the badge. These include different tuning (non emissions) not fitting production exhausts and intakes and removing ancillarys during testing, such as water pumps. They are the differences between gross and nett figures.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

What numbers have you seen on your dyno from confirmed stock B series turbos, FG turbos and V8's?

What model dyno do you use?