Fpv To Supercharge New 5.0-Litre V8 To Give Ford A Power Boost To Riva

ZAP

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 5d

The LS9 from the ZR1 Corvette, the supercharged 6.2lt (Z06 has the 7lt LS7) will never get through euro 4, pretty much all the GM crate motors from the states would fail. If Expensive Daewoo have a comeback to Miami it will have to be a brand new lump. Dont forget the Mustang in the states walks all over the Camero (which shares most of its platform with the commodore.)

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 18d

Bring on the ford V8. :3gears: I think its some great engineering from FPV.Now we have a awesome platform to tune and something that will knock the F6 off its perch.I love ford 6,s.Always have and always will but I will definatley be buying a GT and uncorking it. :buttrock:

Edited by FPV TRANNY

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 6m 29d

Yes Gm have an LS9, but will HSV ever see it? As if HSV would release anything more powerful than their $150,000 w427 for a few years... especially a clubsport.

I think FPV is playing it safe to avoid media attention. Imagine if the GT came out with 430kw off the line. The media would have a fit! But if they gradually increase the power, they can sneak it past.

Either way, power isn't everything. The FPV's are a much nicer car to drive, and for 98% of the time, you're not going over 120km/h. I wish Australia's bogans would get off the "more power means its better" bandwagon. Who gives a crap if the HSV makes 2 more KWs? Yet people believe a higher KW figure equals better car.

Lets be honest, if it weren't for import taxes, we'd all be in euro or jap cars....

Guest XR09
  • Guests

I have been laughing big time on this one.

The V8 can be as good as it likes but for how much ??? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The Fg as good as it is ...... there still a taxi and after 500rwkw these things need some serious work in the chassis to be on the road unleathaly lol. And really who The F needs more than 350ish for a road car ???????? even if its only a weekender ???

And the 6 does it for a lot less than what the GT will cost you if you start out in a basic XRT. And the 6 will dial up in KW for a lot less than the V8 will.

The 6 looks the same or can be made to look the same, weighs the same or less. It needs aftermarket suspension and so will the GT.

the 6 will more than likely have less isses than the V8.

I reckon if you want an off the shelf suit that you dont have to go home and tailor then the V8 is for you.

Long live the 6 I like to play with my toys.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Don't get me wrong.. I would love a V8 and to play with it.

I don't have the bucks or think I would throw that sort of money at a taxi.

Bang for what most of us has in bucks.

Sieg Heil

Edited by XR09