Fpv To Supercharge New 5.0-Litre V8 To Give Ford A Power Boost To Riva

ZAP

• Member For: 19y 8m 9d

Mr Hinds indicated that both methods of boosting had their advantages.

“In a true performance aspect, turbochargers do require a certain amount of time to spool up. For all-out performance, a supercharger has an instantaneous response. It is more of a racer’s approach to solving that problem,” he said.Mr Hinds then went on to discuss the fuel economy sacrifices common with supercharging.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 3d

I was waiting for someone to start this thread...

Looks like it will be blown by an Eaton twin screw and produce 325KW with 600NM. << The limitation of the ZF.

Not sure if source is reliable as it has come from motor mag.... :blink:

Edited by Paulie2256

• Member For: 15y 9m 21d

Whatever happens it will be interesting how Ford deals with the enormous success of the XR6 and boosted models. What do you do for an encore? Depending on what they do and seeing this thread about the Coyote, I might be tempted back to an 8 on next replacement.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 16d

Very underwhelmed by the figures Motor's quoting. 325kW for a blown 5.0l is pretty lame and really a low boost version making 10kW less, sounds ridiculous. I could just believe a low boost version making 315kW but a hipo would want to be making 350+kW. And how does a blown V8 only make the same numbers as a turboed 4l.

Where does this leave the F6?

Still looking forward to the potential 100kg weight saving the Coyote V8 brings and hopefully the SC system doesn't add 50kg straight back on.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Ford needs to go back to it's roots here I think.

Keep the XR range simple and basic, light weight and only a few options, then you could keep the n/a6, 6T and give the 8 some oomph with the real motor.

Then you could have the FPV range as it was when it started, same power or a little more, but with all the bells and whistles, and exclusive bumps and buldges.

Why FPV doesn't ADR one with 20"x 30's or 35's exclusive to FPV has me baffled, expecially as they are making a new upper control arm anyway.

They would have to make the GS the new XR. The GS is not different enough to be a FPV really for mine. That way the XR8 could keep it's cred.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 30d

Very underwhelmed by the figures Motor's quoting. 325kW for a blown 5.0l is pretty lame and really a low boost version making 10kW less, sounds ridiculous. I could just believe a low boost version making 315kW but a hipo would want to be making 350+kW. And how does a blown V8 only make the same numbers as a turboed 4l.

Where does this leave the F6?

Still looking forward to the potential 100kg weight saving the Coyote V8 brings and hopefully the SC system doesn't add 50kg straight back on.

Why would you believe motor? they haven't even put a picture of the right engine in their article

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 3d

Firstly,keeping the power figure low is a smart move IMO. No doubt hsv will just increase capacity to compete. All fpv have to do is increase boost. That engine has a lot more in it than 325 however if they give you 400 then hsv will release 401kw and so on.

Secondly, numbers mean nothing. This engine is a lot lighter than the current boss. So who cares what kilawasps the car has when it will already destroy anything from hsv and a million times better to drive.